All that walking...

We average 30-40k on a busy, all day park day. About 20k for our rest days. We just wear VERY comfortable shoes lol
What brands? I had great luck with two different hiking shoes but the last ones failed me. I did 30K despite leaving the park at 3pm so I’d imagine I’m around where you are.

Lots of really good advice.
Has anybody tried some of those hydrating powders to add to water ?
I tried reading the boxes yesterday at grocery … got very confused trying to compare ingredients and / sodium levels …
Thanks for all those suggestions !

The most refreshing drink to order would be at Starbucks Grande Iced Peach Green Tea lemonade with no added sugar pump. I order the Grande with an extra small cup of ice to add and keep it cold . Seems to be a lifesaver even when I am running errands in WDW area .I go thru Starbucks drive thru for same order.

2016 I just roughed it I was miserable and overweight.

2019 I was actively losing weight and already waking 2-3 miles per day.

2022 I was at my lowest weight and in great shape.

24 days from now I'll be 10 weeks out from a surgery and health event that obviously wasn't planned and just hoping I can handle walking in the Florida heat

2016 I just roughed it I was miserable and overweight.

2019 I was actively losing weight and already waking 2-3 miles per day.

2022 I was at my lowest weight and in great shape.

24 days from now I'll be 10 weeks out from a surgery and health event that obviously wasn't planned and just hoping I can handle walking in the Florida heat
Ahh sukey! You can do it! 👍🏾

I'm in my 60's and do no walking prep for our August Disney trips. I'm on my feet all day at work, and have a young dog, so I do less walking at Disney than I do at home!

24 days from now I'll be 10 weeks out from a surgery and health event that obviously wasn't planned and just hoping I can handle walking in the Florida heat.
Take your time and soak up the atmosphere. Maybe just being there will energize your body and soul and help you heal. I know when I'm there, just sitting on the balcony or on a bench somewhere I just feel better. Like my t-shirt from the Emporium says, "Everything is better at Walt Disney World." I hope you feel better soon!

I go to OrangeTheory fitness several days a week and I start taking the tread classes prior to my trip. I make sure I don't go below 10,000 steps per day so I can feel ready to do what I want to do without the negative consequences of living my could be sedentary life since I too sit at a computer all day.

Health issues due to lack of fitness sneak up on you, and I want to enjoy as much as I can for as long as I can. Having been a cardiac ICU RN for years has taught me how I live my life now affects how my life will look when I'm older. I'm not saying I don't have to work at managing my weight, I do, but I know controlling it is in my best interest for life and Disney.

Take your time and soak up the atmosphere. Maybe just being there will energize your body and soul and help you heal. I know when I'm there, just sitting on the balcony or on a bench somewhere I just feel better. Like my t-shirt from the Emporium says, "Everything is better at Walt Disney World." I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you! We planned this to be my birthday trip and our honeymoon after we renew our vows right before we go so the past few months are a bit of a damper (I have a PLANNED SURGERY ten days after we get back 🥲) I'm hoping this lifts my spirits a bit because it's just been real hard.

Thank you! We planned this to be my birthday trip and our honeymoon after we renew our vows right before we go so the past few months are a bit of a damper (I have a PLANNED SURGERY ten days after we get back 🥲) I'm hoping this lifts my spirits a bit because it's just been real hard.
We went last August for our 25th! And we left the kids at home. Best. Trip. Ever! It's where we went on our honeymoon. We had so much fun we went back in February for just a few days to soak it all in. We did no kids and no parks. It was so nice. We just really relaxed. Just give yourself some grace and make this trip about slowing down, making memories, and paying attention to the storytelling that is in the details. Relaxing = healing.

Last year DH (73) and I (67) started walking about 20 minutes most days, about 3 months before the trip. We gradually built up to an hour several times a week by the time we left. Neither of us had any problems while there other than normal sore feet.

Happy to hear about those of you that need to do nothing to prepare. I have gained 15 pounds since my last trip, survived menopause, and struggle with arthritis and asthma from all my youthful wild living!

I started walking 3 months ago to get ready for my August trip but I lost zero weight and gained no strength or endurance. It wasn't until I listened to a financial podcast that described rucking that I found something that works! 20 pounds of books in an old lands end backpack and off I go.

No weight change but my bottom half is stronger every week. My endurance is up. My knees, ankles, and hips are all better behaved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter