All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

Wow, that was quite the harrowing adventure. Between Cathy and the tour people I'm really not sure how you kept it together at all without an IV of vodka connected to you at all times. I would have lost it with the luggage let alone kept my cool through dinner and the tour shenanigans. You are very lucky to have job doing what we all love, but clearly sometimes there really is no place like home.

By the time we got to Epcot it was just about 6 which was when the tour ended so we only had time for one ride, and it was decided it would be Soarin'. We had some issues scanning in as a few bands didn't work :rolleyes: but finally we were in. Cathy was really not feeling well and didn't want to ride; I do like Soarin' but honestly - I was done. So we sat out the final ride of the tour and just chilled/relaxed on the benches there.

Some times just hanging and relaxing in Disney is fun! and a nice change of pace you know! Seemed like you needed it!

But then once I got to WS.....it hit me just how much I wanted to be home. This was day 6 of being without the boys AND Steve and it was time to end this trip. I did stop for nachos in Mexico and then picked up some treats for Cathy and I for later at Kringla Og in Norway, school bread for me and for Cathy to try for the first time and this cute seasonal cheesecake to share:

I feel that, sometimes being home is the best, even when vacation is amazing!

Thanks for sharing the trip with us!

What a whirlwind of a trip. YIIKES on so many fronts. The fact that you kept your cool was sure saying something. I'm glad you stood your ground with the eating that last time cuz... hangry happens. Thanks for another fun TR, Ariane.

We actually just got an email from Holland America last night saying if people booked on cruises up to end of May wish to, they can re-schedule for a later cruise in 2020/2021. I'll have to see what Mom wants to do. We'll lose out on our flights, but...
I know this is a few days ago now, but has your airline relaxed their cancellation/refund policies? Lots of airlines have so you may not lost out now?
I hope your cruise goes perfectly!
:thanks: and thank you for following along!
Between Cathy and the tour people I'm really not sure how you kept it together at all without an IV of vodka connected to you at all times.
I drank whenever I could and truly lamented not having my tried and true DIS friends there :grouphug:
I would have lost it with the luggage let alone kept my cool through dinner and the tour shenanigans.
I can only imagine the things you would have been saying that would get you demerits here 😂
You are very lucky to have job doing what we all love, but clearly sometimes there really is no place like home.
This is the perfect sentence and 100% true. Thank you as always for reading along friend xoxo
I feel that, sometimes being home is the best, even when vacation is amazing!
Another great sentence!
Thanks for sharing the trip with us!
You're welcome and thank you for reading along :goodvibes
What a whirlwind of a trip. YIIKES on so many fronts. The fact that you kept your cool was sure saying something. I'm glad you stood your ground with the eating that last time cuz... hangry happens. Thanks for another fun TR, Ariane.
Yikes is putting it a tad mildly! I tried (maybe) to be a little relaxed and go with the flow in the beginning but it didn't last long and rarely lasts where food is concerned. Thanks for being here Leisa!

I know this is a few days ago now, but has your airline relaxed their cancellation/refund policies? Lots of airlines have so you may not lost out now?
I'll be phoning tomorrow. I canceled the cruise today. We'll see what happens.

Enjoyed following along with the good, the bad and the ugly. I had a hard time leading around a party of 8 - that was big enough for me. I sure hope this virus thing ends sooner rather than later. So many cancelled plans! We leave in May for a trip to Seattle - they've had lots of cases and some deaths in Washington state. One good thing is I was able to rebook our flights to Seattle yesterday - price dropped to $87.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip experience!

I would think that if your agents trip was only three nights long it would have been more bearable.

All I have to say is we leave on our Disney cruise in 32 says and we're NOT cancelling and we're NOT nervous! Disney Dream here we come
I hope everything goes smoothly for your cruise. I think that some of the corona virus fear exceeds the actual risk for the majority of people in the US. We have 30 people with the virus in Illinois, which is a state with more than 12 million people. That is really a low rate of infection. I wish things would settle down before our economy goes totally down the drain. :(

I'll be phoning tomorrow. I canceled the cruise today. We'll see what happens.
So what was the end result? We work with Holland America but they aren't a preferred vendor and we haven't gotten official updates on their change in policies................
Enjoyed following along with the good, the bad and the ugly. I had a hard time leading around a party of 8 - that was big enough for me
Hi there and thank you! Yeah I feel nervous planning for our son/DIL and granddaughter in September and that's only 3 extra people lol. So I should probably give kudos to our agency owner for putting it all together and it WAS organized, can't say it wasn't.
We leave in May for a trip to Seattle - they've had lots of cases and some deaths in Washington state. One good thing is I was able to rebook our flights to Seattle yesterday - price dropped to $87.
Good luck and I truly hope you get to go!
Thanks for taking the time to share your trip experience!
You are welcome and thank you again for following along :)
I would think that if your agents trip was only three nights long it would have been more bearable.
Yup, shorter would have been better. And also if I didn't stay for the ship tour as that would have made the actual FAM part 4 nights, but I'm glad I did do the tour. However I think it was time to leave after that!
think that some of the corona virus fear exceeds the actual risk for the majority of people in the US.
::yes:: And now DL closing until the end of the month :(
I wish things would settle down before our economy goes totally down the drain. :(
This is what will happen with all the events getting cancelled and vacation destinations (cruises also) shutting down. I suppose maybe I understand to a small point but ugh! The mess it's making for the economy.

So what was the end result? We work with Holland America but they aren't a preferred vendor and we haven't gotten official updates on their change in policies................
Cancelled the cruise. They are refunding 50% (that's just where we are in the process... if I'd cancelled for any reason, I'd only get 50% back at this stage) and the rest is a credit that can be used towards any cruise in 2020 or 2021.

Cancelled the cruise. They are refunding 50% (that's just where we are in the process... if I'd cancelled for any reason, I'd only get 50% back at this stage) and the rest is a credit that can be used towards any cruise in 2020 or 2021.
That's actually pretty good! Most lines aren't refunding just giving FCC's

That's actually pretty good! Most lines aren't refunding just giving FCC's
We were at the window where if you canceled it was 50% refund... so they had to do that part. If it'd been later, than, yeah... FCC.

Yikes is putting it a tad mildly! I tried (maybe) to be a little relaxed and go with the flow in the beginning but it didn't last long and rarely lasts where food is concerned. Thanks for being here Leisa!
My pleasure. And, please PM me if you would about any new TRs. I don't scroll the list anymore and rely on people just telling me when they start one.

Thanks for showing a different kind of trip report. I enjoyed reading it. I’m the same way in that I would have trouble conforming to someone else’s way of doing Disney when I already have my way fine tuned to perfection (at least to me)! 🤣

Thanks for showing a different kind of trip report. I enjoyed reading it. I’m the same way in that I would have trouble conforming to someone else’s way of doing Disney when I already have my way fine tuned to perfection (at least to me)! 🤣
Well hello there! I'm glad you enjoyed this and I hope it doesn't turn you off to doing a "work" Disney trip! Maybe yours will be shorter lol.

Well hello there! I'm glad you enjoyed this and I hope it doesn't turn you off to doing a "work" Disney trip! Maybe yours will be shorter lol.

Definitely didn’t turn me off. Although I will also be a rule breaker if I have to go any extended period without food! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter