Aloha! New here Planning WDW trip need help

smiles5961984

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a WDW trip in September 2015.
I was hoping to get some guidance on how to go about it. Mostly I was hoping to get the free dining but I'm not sure how that works.

Any tips would be great!!! Thank you in advance.

HI Smiles,
I too am brand new to this, in fact this is my first post here. LOL

I am not new to DW, but I am new to all this planning like this. Last time I really planned, it was so different.

I am going to need the help with where to book for the best pricing and offers. Having a hard time with that. Then getting through all these post will take me forever.

Hope we can both figure it out. Have a magical time when you get there.

Hey there newbies and welcome to the DIS! Please feel free to ask any and all questions. Sometimes looking over the boards can be really overwhelming! LOL

As far as dinning goes, " free dinning" offer, savings differ from the make up of your family, to style of dinning you like to do. The dinning board has a great calculator floating around that's pretty good. As a warning "free dinning" is very hot topic that disboard loves to argue about.

Welcome disboard has a great wealth of information.

As far as dinning goes, " free dinning" offer, savings differ from the make up of your family, to style of dinning you like to do. The dinning board has a great calculator floating around that's pretty good. As a warning "free dinning" is very hot topic that disboard loves to argue about. Welcome disboard has a great wealth of information.

RHMH - Thank you and I will check out those websites

Lauradis - thank you I will check that DIS board out

You will get a lot of helpful information here on the DISboards!

If, however, you are like me and want a book to read, highlight, and write your own notes in the margins, go to www (dot) passporter (dot) com and buy the most current edition of their PassPorter for WDW.

It will be the best investment you ever make! (Actually, just wait until the 2014 version comes out in December and you can buy the 2013 version for an amazing clearance price -- usually $1.00!!!)

Went to WDW for the first time in 2004 and bought a LOT of different books/guides to familiarize myself and plan out our trip. I took two of them along on vacation and only used the PassPorter.

Since then, I've bought an updated PassPorter for every trip -- they are amazing, and they are thoroughly updated EVERY year!

I also recommend the website and newsletter at www (dot) allearsnet (dot) com for copies of current menus and more information than you can imagine!

Have fun!!!

It seems the most contentious issue on DIS boards is the dreaded DINING PLAN. Some people think it is Magic Your Way and some the devil's plan to ensnare you in the Mouses' evil ways.

Well I have done everything (figuratively).
My favorite trip was a splurge where we upgraded the free dining to Deluxe Dining - 3 table service meals and 2 snacks a day! Too much food for normal humans, but we were able to eat at all the Signature restaurants, and Hoop-De-Doo Revue (2 credits each), eating our way through bowls of muscles, crab cocktails, steaks at Le Cellier, Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby, Thunder fish at Flying Fish, etc. Yummmmm....

We did this twice, but this next July, we are doing the opposite. I will get the AP, add Tables in Wonderland for $100 more, and get a room only discount. It comes out actually cheaper for us and we really don't need all that extra food. So there is no RIGHT or WRONG way. Disney figures it out close enough so there are no HUGE savings anyway you do it.

Here are 2 dining calculators I used:

(I can't post links yet so look up: pscalculator.net/pscalc.php)
To help makes ADRs

(I can't post links yet so look up: seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon#!dining-plan-calculator/cxc0
An Excel Spreadsheet made easy to see how much you will spend if you have Fre Dining vs MYW vs TIW vs...

Enjoy!

P.S. We all have our favorite restaurants and everyone has an opinion. Just ask!

If you want a GREAT book for ideas and references, I really like the Kindle edition (or the paperback) from Amazon of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014" - the Kindle version is about $9. I couldn't go without it, and the Touringplans.com app, Lines. The app is cheap and helps know the best choices and parks even if it is crowded. The website lists the expected crowd levels each day.

I don't agree with everything they say, but many ideas helped me understand the method that Disney uses, so I could plan better. And they are very "Unofficial", so I have found the opinions are more frank than the sugar-coated ones in most travel guides and blogs that look like they were sponsored by the Mouse.

If you want a GREAT book for ideas and references, I really like the Kindle edition (or the paperback) from Amazon of "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014" - the Kindle version is about $9. I couldn't go without it, and the Touringplans.com app, Lines. The app is cheap and helps know the best choices and parks even if it is crowded. The website lists the expected crowd levels each day.

I don't agree with everything they say, but many ideas helped me understand the method that Disney uses, so I could plan better. And they are very "Unofficial", so I have found the opinions are more frank than the sugar-coated ones in most travel guides and blogs that look like they were sponsored by the Mouse.

I'm reading that book now! It is pretty good. Gave me a some great ideas. I got the book from the library.

It seems the most contentious issue on DIS boards is the dreaded DINING PLAN. Some people think it is Magic Your Way and some the devil's plan to ensnare you in the Mouses' evil ways.

Well I have done everything (figuratively).
My favorite trip was a splurge where we upgraded the free dining to Deluxe Dining - 3 table service meals and 2 snacks a day! Too much food for normal humans, but we were able to eat at all the Signature restaurants, and Hoop-De-Doo Revue (2 credits each), eating our way through bowls of muscles, crab cocktails, steaks at Le Cellier, Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby, Thunder fish at Flying Fish, etc. Yummmmm....

We did this twice, but this next July, we are doing the opposite. I will get the AP, add Tables in Wonderland for $100 more, and get a room only discount. It comes out actually cheaper for us and we really don't need all that extra food. So there is no RIGHT or WRONG way. Disney figures it out close enough so there are no HUGE savings anyway you do it.

Here are 2 dining calculators I used:

(I can't post links yet so look up: pscalculator.net/pscalc.php)
To help makes ADRs

(I can't post links yet so look up: seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon#!dining-plan-calculator/cxc0
An Excel Spreadsheet made easy to see how much you will spend if you have Fre Dining vs MYW vs TIW vs...

Enjoy!

P.S. We all have our favorite restaurants and everyone has an opinion. Just ask!

This is great info thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter