Alternative Energy?

They filled thier 1750 gallon tanks at %5.09 about a month ago, when diesel and fuel oil were going up every day! That is $8890, and they will have to get more to get through the winter.

They did it on the recomendation of the oil company who said it would only go up. It is less expensive now by some, but they don't give refunds!

So a couple of years ago, it was $1 and now it is $5 ish, and they use 2000 gallons, where am I wrong Larry? It is my family that I see crying trying to figure out how to pay their heating bill and school taxes, and property taxes, I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about.

Holy ****, John!!! $10K for heating oil? That's just way outta line and wrong on so many levels!! It seems like it would almost pay for them to convert to electricity for heat.

Deb it is a giant old farmhouse that you can't insulate worth a crap, so electric would probably be a lot worse, we are looking into a wood/coal suplimental furnace, but they went from $3000 to $9000 in 2 years as well, they got to get their share of the gouging too.

If we could sell the house I worked on for them, they could buy one, but right now there just doesn't seem to be a way.

Holy ****, John!!! $10K for heating oil? That's just way outta line and wrong on so many levels!! It seems like it would almost pay for them to convert to electricity for heat.

PA electric companies are deregulating over the next couple of years. They are gearing the consumers up for a 33% increase in electric bills, and business a 43% increase. I can't wait, nor can I win. I tried calling my oil company today but, surprise surprise, they aren't answering the phone today.

They filled thier 1750 gallon tanks at %5.09 about a month ago, when diesel and fuel oil were going up every day! That is $8890, and they will have to get more to get through the winter.

They did it on the recomendation of the oil company who said it would only go up. It is less expensive now by some, but they don't give refunds!

So a couple of years ago, it was $1 and now it is $5 ish, and they use 2000 gallons, where am I wrong Larry? It is my family that I see crying trying to figure out how to pay their heating bill and school taxes, and property taxes, I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about.

I can't speak for home heating oil, but diesel fuel hasn't been around $1/gal since late 2001, has consistently been over $2/gal since mid 2005 and over $2.50/gal since May 2006 with last winter topping $3/gal. The article I quoted mentioned one person where this year's cost was going to increase from $500 to $850 this winter with the national average cost to heat a home going from $1,952 to $2,593 this winter so I couldn't see how they paid $2000 last year and certainly not even two years ago and it was going to be 5X that this year. I guess I just missed the fact you seemed to be comparing what it cost some 7 years ago to what it now costs. I zeroed in on the total cost and not what price per gallon you were using in making your comparison.

I wasn't questioning what they paid recently, but using the figures from that article they seem to be using almost 4X the national average and even with a big farm house still seems something is amiss or could be done to reduce their costs.

Larry

Some have been saying that it is going to take the winter with all the winter folk paying their high home heating fuel bills to wake em up and start pounding the politicians who are holding up any energy bills. You listening out there Sir Nancy?

Deb it is a giant old farmhouse that you can't insulate worth a crap, so electric would probably be a lot worse, we are looking into a wood/coal suplimental furnace, but they went from $3000 to $9000 in 2 years as well, they got to get their share of the gouging too.

If we could sell the house I worked on for them, they could buy one, but right now there just doesn't seem to be a way.

when in doubt, pick the right 6 numbers.

I keep picking the winning numbers....but they change them every week!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter