Alternatives to a Traditional Disney Reception

shoegal9

Living my best DVC lyfe
My fiancé and I are Disney people... DVC, AP, all that jazz... We got engaged at Topolino's in March and I am in the early stages of planning a reasonable/smallish wedding at WDW. I want to have my ceremony at the Polynesian, and perhaps add a cake and champagne ceremony to meet the event minimum. The food and alcohol prices are just outrageous to me. $140 per person for brunch? No thanks.

Any suggestions for a dinner reception somewhere else on property? I thought about Paddlefish, or another Disney Springs locale... Just not sure. It just seems so much more economical to just take people out to dinner and then pay the bill. (If it were up to me I would just say "I do" at the Poly and hightail it over to Trader Sams...but the parents might frown upon that plan.)

That $140 includes Cake and alcohol, so it's not as crazy as it may seem! But plenty of people just to a cake and champagne celebration and then pay for a meal at a restaurant. I know 'Ohana is very popular, but you might even consider Topolino's to go full circle! Or keep with your original plan and/or set up a dessert party that night, either with fireworks or in a non-fireworks park, like DHS or DAK. Then you could do a ride mix-in and add a little more magic! I know some of those venue fees have really gone up recently, but it's worth looking at. Have you checked out Carrie Hayward's Fairytale Wedding Guide yet? It's kind of the bible, lol: https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter