Alyaki & Raist's Wishes Wedding - Italy/LSS/France 3/17/2015 - Mini Update 10/29 Food

Finally all caught up!! You've been busy while I was away :)

Your BEO looks great and I'm glad it's not too far off from what you were anticipating. I can personally vouch for the mini-cronuts: I had leftovers for breakfast every day we were still in Disney and they were fantastic!

I love your different center pieces and idea of mixing up the reception decor - I really think it'll make LSS pop and I'm so excited to see the final outcome.

Time is racing forward now! Though I know you don't need me to tell you that ;)

Urgh, thanks for the heads up - I'm going to send them a picture of what I want and verify that that is what they're going with, and not the tarts. I don't mind tarts...but I really wanted pies, because while it's a few days late, we wanted to honor pie day. I would not have thought to worry about that if you hadn't mentioned it! And we didn't get to taste any of the desserts we wanted at the planning session - they completely messed that stuff up and ended up doing different things. :sad2: All of which I hated (though Raist was okay with it).

You got it, girl! Yes, DEFINITELY send them photos. My RAGE when I saw what we actually got (I don't know if I have ANY photos of the party!) couldn't be expressed, and mine wasn't a WEDDING! I also asked them for sticky toffee pudding, which my mom and I ate every day when she came to visit me when I lived in London- what I got was not even REMOTELY close. That, too, was pretty vile. To think I could've have churro flambé AND mini Cronuts for what they charged for what we did get!! The rage!!! But I think that you'll be fine if you send photos.

Enjoy them!!

Finally all caught up!! You've been busy while I was away :)

Your BEO looks great and I'm glad it's not too far off from what you were anticipating. I can personally vouch for the mini-cronuts: I had leftovers for breakfast every day we were still in Disney and they were fantastic!

I love your different center pieces and idea of mixing up the reception decor - I really think it'll make LSS pop and I'm so excited to see the final outcome.

Time is racing forward now! Though I know you don't need me to tell you that ;)

Ooohhhh, cronuts for breakfast...I think I could go for that! ;-) Though we're actually doing breakfast every day (because I really want to try it, and we've only ever done breakfast once).. :idea: so that just means it'll be our mid-day snack! Mmmmmm.

Ooohhhh, cronuts for breakfast...I think I could go for that! ;-) Though we're actually doing breakfast every day (because I really want to try it, and we've only ever done breakfast once).. :idea: so that just means it'll be our mid-day snack! Mmmmmm.

Ahhh, what breakfasts are you doing!? Disney breakfasts are pretty much my favorite thing in the entire world. :rotfl2:

Ahhh, what breakfasts are you doing!? Disney breakfasts are pretty much my favorite thing in the entire world. :rotfl2:

We've got one repeat, since we're going to do Kona again - that place is awesome, btw! Otherwise, everything we're trying is new, since Kona and Boardwalk Bakery were the only places we had breakfast at. There were a few others I thought about adding/exchanging, but not too sure right now (and I may take out one so I can force Raist to Epcot and go to the bakery for breakfast). :hyper: It's changed a few times - but I think we're about done doing that. Though I'm always up for getting feedback on this. :thumbsup2 And thinking about it - we've only got 3 repeats from our past trips (Kona breakfast, 'Ohana dinner, and Beaches & Cream dinner:cloud9:).

I will say I've thought about doing CRT again for dinner, if I can get an 8pm or 8:30pm ressie - I'd love a window seat during fireworks! We were the last seating last time (10 or 10:30), which was really late for us. I could really use a few more days to get everywhere I've wanted to try.:rolleyes1

Here's our full meal schedule at this point.

3/13 - Whispering Canyon @ 9:45
(We have to drop stuff off at Francks, and I can't get a MK hotel room - DVC standard studios are sold out everywhere, including Wilderness Lodge)
3/13 - Be Our Guest @ 7:10pm:goodvibes
(may switch it for something else, but I thought it was cool)
3/14 - Nothing for breakfast, we're going to Universal :woohoo:
3/14 - Beaches & Cream @ 8:30pm :lovestruc:lovestruc:hug::worship:
(I have thought about doing this on wedding day too.... but we could just eat around Epcot)
3/15 - Kona Cafe @ 10
3/15 - 'Ohana @ 7:50pm :hyper:
3/16 - Boma @ 9:45am
3/16 - T-REX @ 5pm
(may make an earlier one, we're definitely getting ice cream after, which we'll probably invite everyone to meet up with us if they want):goodvibes
3/17 - Nothing, wedding at 9am :wizard::yay:
3/18 - Sanaa @ 11:30
(I am making sure I sleep..and we want to try here anyways :yay:)
3/18 - Be Our Guest @ 8pm :yay::worship::cool1::wizard:
3/19 - Trattoria al Forno @ 8:45am (awesome, since we're at BWV)
3/19 - Yachtsman Steakhouse @ 6:05pm
(make it to show at DHS, hopefully)
3/20 - Captain's Grille @ 9:30am (might make earlier)
3/20 - Yak & Yeti @ 5:30pm
(so we can make it to Epcot for fireworks and Festival food, if it's started)
3/21 - Trattoria al Forno @ 7:45am (this is the one I might remove)
3/21 - Victoria & Albert's Queen Victoria Room @ 6:15pm :cloud9:
3/22 - Nothing right now, waiting till I buy our flights to New Orleans before adding anything

Also, I will fully admit, I'm a little intimidated by V&A, but I know Raist will adore it, so that's mostly why we're doing it. I'm a picky eater (don't like fish - or even most shellfish, other than shrimp; no mushrooms, not a fan of game, no cheese), so it's a bit scary. I'm thinking I may just call and have them add the stuff I don't eat to the restrictions list for me, because I'm just really not that adventurous, and the cheese would tear up my stomach, which I don't want to deal with. :sad2: I'm really looking forward to that night though, regardless...especially since we're at YC that night, and I wanted to relax at the pool afterwards. :) Nice dinner + nice pool + last night == a nice way to complete our time at Disney. :goodvibes

ADR posts are some of my favorite - and HOLY COW your ADRs!! :worship:

Yachtsmen and Ohana were amazing on our trip and Yak & Yeti is at the top of my to-try list. And you got the Queen Victoria Room!! I can only dream of the day DH would let me book that.

ADR posts are some of my favorite - and HOLY COW your ADRs!! :worship:

Yachtsmen and Ohana were amazing on our trip and Yak & Yeti is at the top of my to-try list. And you got the Queen Victoria Room!! I can only dream of the day DH would let me book that.

Thank you, thank you! As I said, one or two things may change (such as the first BOG, or the last scheduled breakfast), but otherwise, I've felt quite proud of myself. :goodvibes Especially with the V&A dinner, since I'm the money worrier out of the two of us (and the picky eater).

We actually were supposed to try Yachtsmen the time we went for food and wine last year, but ended up doing Citricos instead (man, do I regret that decision!). It did let us figure out that we wouldn't have felt comfortable with having the reception there (since you can't change the existing table layout :headache:), but that dinner was the worst we had that trip...CRT was a crud-load better. And I remember a few people raving about Yak & Yeti, and that menu is just up our alley. :woohoo:

Now I just have to go book a room for our first night in!

Hi, just found this and started following...My DS is getting married next May in Disney....at the GF....this is all new to me....so just reading all I can for a few ideas....being the MIL I do not have much input, but I still like to keep up...

Since my DH and I are putting on the rehearsal dinner, I am now l looking for places to hold it....ugg....not sure where to even start.....:eek:

So, it's been a while since I last posted. I sort of got a bit burnt out and completely disconnected for a while. Some of the things done since the last time I posted are...
  • Dress bought, and alterations have been started
  • Raist has started paying for his suit
  • Floral was re-done (because of the next item)
  • RSVPs are pretty much all in (we're roughly 10 people less than we expected - down to 20 tops)
  • Minimum payment made to Disney
  • First half of our photography costs paid
  • Added the favors I really wanted (mmmm)

The last week has been interesting as all of a sudden, I've realized there are a bunch of little things that we still have yet to do. O.O A lot of our paper items (menus, table numbers, seating cards, welcome letter/itinerary) I hadn't even thought of till today...and we still have to start our marriage license process...and talk with our DJ (we got Charles Miles ^_^b)...and have a meeting with our photographer..and officiant (still need to finish finalizing the ceremony)...and Raist still needs to get me a wedding ring...it's like a never ending list of small things! :crowded: And I just realized we hadn't figured out what we were doing as a "guest book". Ugh. Too much stuff.:charac2:

Anyone want to do everything for me? :o

And I still need to put up the food pictures (which I may or may not have on my computer - sorry about that)!

Isn't it always the little things that pile up at the end? I'm happy to hear that things are moving along, though! I can't wait to hear more :)

You're back! And so close too :goodvibes Hang in there, you have so much of the big stuff done and so much of what's left can be done so quickly!

So, yeah....paying our final payment today (because I've had the flu and had to ask for an extension). Luckily it turns out that, even with the DP, we're now paying pretty much exactly what we originally expected due to our lowered guest count. So yay for that! But not very yay for the fact that we still have guests waffling on whether they're coming or not.

This week is making me a stressball. And I'm sad to see my entire tax return gone. =(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter