Am I Crazy?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else look through menus and prepare for what they will order even though it is a mere 115 days from now?!?

One thing I have found really fun now that my meal plans are pretty well set is going back to re-read reviews of the restaurants we will be visiting (and can I just say a huge thank you to reviewers who include helpful hyperlinks at the beginning of their reviews?).

I have one quick question...we are going to the Yachtsman and I think the 32 oz porterhouse for 2 looks awesome. I am fairly confident DH and I will each get an appetizer (soup or salad) and I know the steak comes with the three sides (I believe mushrooms, onions, spinach) and the potatoes, will it be too much to also get the mac n' cheese? It looks so good. We are both big eaters and the kids will likely sample from our plates also. I generally prefer bread to dessert, so not planning on dessert. We are eating at Beaches n' Cream at 11:00 am and then our reservation is at 5:00 pm.

Yep, I am a little crazy. But it's fun!!!

Does anyone else look through menus and prepare for what they will order even though it is a mere 115 days from now?!?

One thing I have found really fun now that my meal plans are pretty well set is going back to re-read reviews of the restaurants we will be visiting (and can I just say a huge thank you to reviewers who include helpful hyperlinks at the beginning of their reviews?).

I have one quick question...we are going to the Yachtsman and I think the 32 oz porterhouse for 2 looks awesome. I am fairly confident DH and I will each get an appetizer (soup or salad) and I know the steak comes with the three sides (I believe mushrooms, onions, spinach) and the potatoes, will it be too much to also get the mac n' cheese? It looks so good. We are both big eaters and the kids will likely sample from our plates also. I generally prefer bread to dessert, so not planning on dessert. We are eating at Beaches n' Cream at 11:00 am and then our reservation is at 5:00 pm.

Yep, I am a little crazy. But it's fun!!!
No youre not crazy. Many people already know what they'll have at each restaurant. A friend of mine has a detailed food plan for his entire trip. In his chart he indicates what he will order and how much it cost...that way he'll know roughly how much he'll be spending on food. Pretty clever if you ask me.

BTW its never too much for mac n' cheese. I say go for it. I love mac n' cheese! :)

I guess I'm crazy then because I do that, too.
The 32 ounce Porterhouse does look delicious - doesn't it?
I watched a YouTube video the other day of some vloggers celebrating their anniversary at Yachtsmen and got that amazing hunk of meat.
So if you're crazy for just looking at the menu, I am certifiably insane for searching for a video of it. :laughing:
I am willing to bet you have done that part, too. :rotfl2:

As much as I want to try it, I know my husband won't indulge me. He has an aversion to steak these days because it keeps him in the restroom. :rolleyes1
I tried to tell him it's because he's ordering it too pink ...
So I will probably get the prime rib. I am debating the juiciness between the 12 oz prime rib steak and the 14 oz prime rib of beef. I have thoroughly educated myself on the difference. :teeth:

With a mere six hours between your reservations - I don't know. Sounds like a lot. If you have a way to save and reheat for later, there's always that. Hope you will do a report. Enjoy!

Likewise...I'm always looking at the menus, before deciding where to eat based on what I want to eat, even at 180 days to start. Then as the time gets closer, I look even further just in case I miss something I really want to have. And...to further that I write down all the snacks I want to try, where to get them and how much they cost. It's all part of the fun for me!

i always look at menus and almost always order the same thing 200 days later.

No your not crazy I make the girls look at the menus long before the 180 day mark because in the past I have run into the I'll just go hungry they have NOTHING here for me" Sigh.

I think it is too much to have B&C at 11, then Yachtsman at 5. I wouldn't want to diminish my appetite for a fine $100+ meal with a burger & shake...I recommend scheduling them for different days.

The Yachtsman has the best food I've ever eaten at WDW, btw. Enjoy!

We totally do the same thing. We are eating at Yachtsman for the first time in December and my DH and DD are going to share the porterhouse. Ill do the filet and not sure yet what my DS and other DD will order. We are on the deluxe dining plan and are scheduled for Sci Fi at 11 and Yachtsmans at 5:15. Yikes. So we are just going to split meals at Sci FI and im planning to get the turkey sandwich and split it cause I want to fully enjoy Yachtsmans! We have scoured every menu of every place multiple times and are all so excited!

I did the same thing before my last trip in May...however once I was actually at the restaurant, I ordered something completely different then I had planned for lol. It really just depended on what I was in the mood for.

That hasn’t stopped me from doing the same thing for my December trip though. I’ve already got all those planned out as well...subject to change however...

We look at the menus long before we go:rotfl:It helps us decide if we want to eat there and I will get an idea on how much it will cost. If we already know what we want to order it saves some time. If I don't know what I want to order it could take me 10 or so minutes to decide :rotfl:. We look at the menus then go find food pics of what we might order. Most of all it is fun and gets us excited about eating places.

We look at the menus long before we go:rotfl:It helps us decide if we want to eat there and I will get an idea on how much it will cost. If we already know what we want to order it saves some time. If I don't know what I want to order it could take me 10 or so minutes to decide :rotfl:. We look at the menus then go find food pics of what we might order. Most of all it is fun and gets us excited about eating places.

This. Its just fun to plan and prepare and to let the excitement build.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter