Am I Crazy??

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
I have had a wild thought and I just can’t decide what to do. This has all come from the fact they are getting rid of Illuminations and I desperately want to see it again before it goes.

Bit of a back story: I already have 2 holidays booked for next year, 1 at the end of March and one at the end of June using most of my holiday allowance for the year at Work. I feel sure they would let me have a week unpaid leave but I don’t want to take 3 holidays within 3 months - think that’s taking the mick a little!

So...I’m actually visiting the US in November this year in Massachusetts for thanksgiving. I’ve had this wild plan that I could extend my return flight and go down to Florida for 3 and a half days to do some rides, shopping, experience the Christmas decorations but most importantly, watch Illuminations again a couple of times. But to have my 3 and a half days there will cost me £800 (cost of changing my original flight dates, cost of return flights between Boston & Orlando, 4 nights hotel (inc breakfast) & 4 day park hoppers) without spending money.

Am I absolutely out of my mind to spend this much money for 3 full days at Disney?! I thought it was a great idea and my parents told me to go for it, but my boyfriend and 2 closest friends have told me I’m ridiculous and that it’s a waste of money.

Any input greatfully received here as I am proper stuck in a rut, I have a feeling if I don’t do it I will regret it forever but it is an awful lot of money considering travel agents sometimes have deals for £800 each for 2 weeks!! I just don’t have another time available to visit due to my existing holiday plans for next year ☹️

Thank you

Go for it - as long as you have the money to spend - generally I would say if parents are saying go for it there can’t be that much wrong with the idea!

The only other thing, that I wasn’t worried about until someone brought it up, is getting Uber’s alone as a female both to and from the parks? Any suggestions?

If you can afford it, why not? If it’ll leave you financially stretched then probably not worth it and who knows, the next show might be even more magical and you’ll want to see that one!

Go for it, I love illuminations too & we've just got back so had chance to watch it knowing it will be no more when we next go.

What's important is, is it worth it for you? For your friends and BF it's probably not, but it's not them going, it's you. So if you think it's worth it, then go for it.

Go for it!

Craziest thing we did was get to MCO to go home, then change our flight, get the luggage back, book a hotel at DS and a car, and went back to WDW for 3 days!

If you're going that much, is an AP possible?

The only other thing, that I wasn’t worried about until someone brought it up, is getting Uber’s alone as a female both to and from the parks? Any suggestions?

The people worrying about you taking Ubers alone have probably never taken one. I take Ubers all the time for travel and work. In the last few months I've used Uber (alone) in Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Francisco and a few other cities, as well as using them for shorter trips at home. I feel way safer in an Uber than in a taxi. Go enjoy your trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!