Am I the only one freaking out over the Canadian dollar

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I am trying to decide if I should pay off my trip now or hope the dollar rebounds a bit by late October. What are you all doing?

In two weeks, so I'm waiting!

But I'm still watching it! It's frustrating since it took such a nose dive so quickly! Oh well! Such is Life!

Scratch
:smooth:

I heard that the dollar is suppose to regain some ground so I'm buying small amounts now and if it goes up I'll excange a bigger amount. It's frustrating but still better than last year when we went and the dollar was at about 63 cents. :bounce:

I've heard it's suppose to hover between .71 & .75 until the end of the year so I'm buying US dollars now & then hoping it will all average out to a decent exchange rate by the time we leave. My resort payment is due at the end of September so I hope rates are better by then...I'm not going to pay it early & will take my chances. As normmo said... the 1.4 exchange rate we're paying today is still better than the 1.59 exchange rate we paid last summer. :)

to get the best rate on your money. I was thinking CAA might be my best bet where do you guys go??

We have a US account and the rate seems to be a little better that way than your average currency exchange usually

It would have to be a major change for me to "freak"

Have you worked out the difference? $50-60.00 isn't going to kill you but 250-500.00 is not pleasant :(

How much are we talking about here?

>>^..^<<

On a $5000 US vacation you could be talking about a difference of ~$250 between the recent low & high exchange rates...I'd rather spend it on something other than exchange but I'm not going to worry about it. For a lot of people though, that $250 could have a substantial impact on how they spend their vacation (ie. less meals in restaurants, etc.) so I hope it bounces back.

When I budgeted for our trip I used an exchange rate of 1.55 (average of what we've paid the last 3 summers) so anything below that is bonus Disney money for us. :)

The amount I still owe on my FTP is $1345 Canadian but are spending another week in FLA doing IOA, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center....etc so probably $4,000 Canadian

Thanks everyone, I was happy to see the dollar up today.....keeper goin'

:confused:Oh well cannot worry any more about the exchange. We're booked now and even got our wait list request so all systems go.

Disney here we come. What concerns me the most is the price for the airfare. :(
Terrible. So now we are taking a plane from just across the border in the good old USA 1/3 the price. So we have saved there.

2 years ago we got really hit with the exchange and it is much better now.

:bounce: :bounce: Can hardly wait we are having Cdn. Thanksgiving at Vero Beach this year and then on to Disney World. Boy I hope we are rested from Vero Beach.

The count down is on.

i am going aug 29 - sept 6th and i just bought up all the US i could while it was low and paid off my trip then. it's such a fluctuating market that it's hard to predict if it's going to go up or down within a few months so i always take advantage of low prices.

It's alittle better today, At this posting - $1.395 so cash rate should be approx $1.41
I watch the rates all the time. My payment is due end of Aug. and I feel (in IMO) that it's going to go down alittle again before then. If it drops to 1.35 CDN (cash buying rate) I'll paid it off in full.
I do have some already set aside:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter