Amazing Race 30...

I agree, although it didn't change the elimination last night. It is a nice addition, but it should not be part of elimination. Maybe it could be used mid-leg or as part of a speed bump type situation.

I missed the first 30 minutes last night, and then didn't realize it was a double-episode, so that was nice. I actually generally like the teams. I surprisingly hated to see the NBA guys go. I also like the locations and many of the challenges. My only complaint is still the lack of transportation drama and separation. At least last night they had to drive a little, and it was a minor issue, but it still seems like a reality road show. "Okay, today we are all going to X and we'll do a couple challenges, then tomorrow we'll go to Y and do a couple challenges." I haven't paid much attention to the separation time at the mat, but it can't be much. And it doesn't even matter, since they all get on the same plane the next day!

Yes, they have not had one leg where they had to scramble at the airport. It's like a new race each leg where all teams start at the same time.

Yes, they have not had one leg where they had to scramble at the airport. It's like a new race each leg where all teams start at the same time.
I always loved the airport drama, especially back in the day when the teams could book/change their flights themselves. I just assumed the current MO was due to the increased security in airports around the world.

I always loved the airport drama, especially back in the day when the teams could book/change their flights themselves. I just assumed the current MO was due to the increased security in airports around the world.

That's possible. It may have gotten to a point where CBS had no choice but to pre-schedule everyone on the same flight due to security restraints.

Well, at least there were TWO flights this time. It looks like it could be another boring epi...wait! Did they say beer?!?

So those other two people got mad at Jessica (team BB) because she waited, and let them think it was another sentence, to get hers stamped correct before she told them the correct answer????? She should have told them all wrong again and let their lazy butts go back in and listen to all the phones again.

That's the problem with working together I guess. I was only half watching - did the other people not share their words with Jessica?

I am so bummed they were all too nice to Uturn Big Brother!

It seemed like Jessica had found out more words than they did. Not sure if she purposely told them the wrong word or figured out the right word once they were putting it together.

I dont think she purposely told them wrong, but let them try wrong and then she got it right and stamped before correcting them. So them getting mad seemed crappy. She did tell them the answer and they were then one minute behind her.

The first flight didnt Uturn because they didnt think it was needed being they were far ahead. So why make an enemy when the first couple of the second flight likely would Uturn and catch all the heat for it. Which they did.

Omg they beat them. I'd would have never saw that coming
I did...the bball players just didn't want it as bad...from the start to me they just didn't seem as serious or care as much as the others. And man, the younger one, what a whiney negative nelly. The episode with the boats...wow, how many times did he say the other guy couldn't do it and no way completing it etc.

Surprised the other teams were trash talking Jessica. It's a race for a lot of money and the purpose is to get to the end first. U-turn is all part of the race and used to help you get ahead. As far as waiting to tell the other 2 teams the correct answer until she had hers stamped first should have been a non issue. She didn't have to share the correct answer and just left. So really they had no reason to be mad.

I didn't like her or Cody on BB but don't think they have done anything wrong in this race.

Jessica told them the wrong word when they were listening to the phones. She knew it was "life" but told them something else. She then knew that gave her the opportunity to be the first one out of the building because she was using the correct word and they were not when they went to get the stamp. She got her stamp and told them the correct phrase as she left giving her a small jump on them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why they are attempting to "even" things out between the teams by having them all on the same flights and doing these head to head competitions. It certainly doesn't make it more exciting to watch.

I have't unnecessarily missed an episode since season two. Until last night. This season bores me.

What's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming swap? Think permanent or just for one comp or one leg?

I was thinking it would just be for the roadblock. Although it would be very interesting if it was for the whole leg with a double elimination and both teams that come in last go. The match ups should be interesting. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

I was thinking it would just be for the roadblock. Although it would be very interesting if it was for the whole leg with a double elimination and both teams that come in last go. The match ups should be interesting. I can't wait to see how that plays out.
That would suck...to get eliminated when your partner comes in last with someone else. I bet they do it.

I don't think that it's going to be very popular with the teams. I don't understand why they would even do this. Wonder if it is just for the challenge because it would sure be sad for the last "team" to be eliminated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter