American Airlines cancelation

we just cancelled our flight for April. we are given a credit, not a refund or a voucher for a future flight. I would have prefered a voucher as i expect flights in the future to be more expensive, at least for while, but not an option. Being nice made no differnce in the outcome. Its a voucher, thank you for calling.

we just cancelled our flight for April. we are given a credit, not a refund or a voucher for a future flight. I would have prefered a voucher as i expect flights in the future to be more expensive, at least for while, but not an option. Being nice made no differnce in the outcome. Its a voucher, thank you for calling.

you canceled the flight? My DS flight has been cancelled by american, wonder if that will make a difference. As long as DS can use his voucher or whatever in November it is all good. It’s over the one year from purchase, which may be a sticking point. His whole wedding/honeymoon has been postponed. .

you canceled the flight? My DS flight has been cancelled by american, wonder if that will make a difference. As long as DS can use his voucher or whatever in November it is all good. It’s over the one year from purchase, which may be a sticking point. His whole wedding/honeymoon has been postponed. .
I had received an email from them that the flight could now be cancelled without any fees.
My wife had a different flight cancelled by them as well. Refund also not an option, just a credit for the flight. A voucher for replacement flight would be nice as I don't expect to see flight costs go down.

If a flight segment in your AA-ticketed itinerary is cancelled by the operator, you are entitled to a refund. Call in and have them cancel the itinerary and get the ticket number. Then go to https://prefunds.aa.com and follow the screens to "request a refund". Somewhere in the prompts, there is a freeform text entry -- indicate the flight # and date of the segment they cancelled.

Update: my DS27 was able to get fully refunded, no questions asked, no problems. They said he qualified for a refund but it will take a few days to process due to the amount of people they are dealing with. He will get an email when it goes through. So, all of their wedding/honeymoon has either been fully refunded or deposits moved to the new date. However, it’s in November and I am nervous they will go through this again. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter