An extra treat if you have to postpone?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Anyone else have the same idea as I do? My April trip won't be happening as from UK, so I have decided that i will use the extra time as saving time to award myself something i wouldn't have paid for before.

I won't lie, the suggestion of Victoria and Albert's as well as Takumi Tei was met with a less than tepid response from DH but I am using this time to save extra for something I would never have paid for.

Anyone feel the same? And what would you pick?

I like your train of thought, I could get on board with that! Takumi Tei looks amazing!!! We definitely don't splurge every trip but do for special occasions. This year now we will only go one time (unless I can squeeze in a Nov trip), if we are lucky and can go in August, we will definitely be doing something we don't normally do like a dessert party or after hours villains event. This year has been quite the year so far and it's only March :crazy2:

Yes! I should have been at Animal Kingdom today with FoP fp and another anytime fp that was also good for FoP, plus Sana’a for dinner. 😥.

I booked the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party for my make up trip in addition to what we already had planned. Takumi Tei and V&A sound amazing!!

Sounds good to me. However, Over the years I now add something to each visit. We’ve done fishing excursion, gone horseback riding, night safari. Specialty meals. A way to “ change it up” outside the park time
Enjoy all!

I like the thought of an after-hours or maybe a fireworks cruise. My DH isn’t a big foodie either, so those would be lost on him. But he did totally love the duck fat potatoes at Cali Grill and watching fireworks from there with no crowd, so he’s not all bad LOL

I like the thought of an after-hours or maybe a fireworks cruise. My DH isn’t a big foodie either, so those would be lost on him. But he did totally love the duck fat potatoes at Cali Grill and watching fireworks from there with no crowd, so he’s not all bad LOL
The fireworks cruise is worth every penny. We did it for our 25th wedding anniversary. They decorated the boat with balloons and a sign. There were snacks and drinks, which we ended up taking back to the room, because we had a fabulous dinner at Narcoossees right before the cruise. The boat captain takes you on a tour of Bay Lake, and you learn a lot of history that is not public knowledge. Once the fireworks start, it is truly magical...an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.

I'll be happy to go to V&A with you :earboy2:

Seriously your brain is right where mine would have been on Takumi Tei or V&A. If you weren't already planning on it the other splurge I'd consider is California Grill brunch. Cheaper then the other 2 and worth every penny. Otherwise I'd have a date with the really expensive wine at just about every dinner!

I like your thinking! Takumi Tei is great - definitely worth a visit and very convenient being in the park.

Another food-focused treat might be dinner at Capa in the Four Seasons resort. The resort overall is amazing - allow time to explore … they have a rooftop bar that is outstanding - especially if you can time it with sunset … and the restaurant itself and the accompanying service is incredible. You can also view both MK and Epcot fireworks from the deck.

Bull & Bear in the Waldorf Astoria (very near the Epcot resort area) is another outstanding restaurant for a special dining treat - lots of special cocktails and many table-side preparations. Food and service are top notch.

I haven't done it yet but on my wish list is the evening safari and dinner at Jiko -- the Wanyama Safari (the dinner is a group family-style dinner).

Another idea, although not completely food-focused is the Wild Africa Trek in the Animal Kingdom. It does include lunch on the savanna and a curried chicken salad I still think about and create at home!

Thanks for prompting some fun brainstorming. I'm going to ponder what my return to WDW treat(s) will be! Hoping for all of us that our return visits (when safe) are sooner than we think!

We decided to use the funds from our canceled trips this year (not Disney) and book deluxe next year. I swore I wouldn't pay the prices, but I am hopeful for a discount.

I also like the idea of California Grill brunch as a special treat.

My sister and I have been going to WDW twice a year for the last 3 years. I'm thinking that once this all blows over, next year we'll go 3 times or stay for longer on our two trips.

Right about now I could use a month at WDW.

I'll be happy to go to V&A with you :earboy2:

Seriously your brain is right where mine would have been on Takumi Tei or V&A. If you weren't already planning on it the other splurge I'd consider is California Grill brunch. Cheaper then the other 2 and worth every penny. Otherwise I'd have a date with the really expensive wine at just about every dinner!
Great minds eh because we had CG brunch booked with free ddp on our April trip! A definite option!

I like your thinking! Takumi Tei is great - definitely worth a visit and very convenient being in the park.

Another food-focused treat might be dinner at Capa in the Four Seasons resort. The resort overall is amazing - allow time to explore … they have a rooftop bar that is outstanding - especially if you can time it with sunset … and the restaurant itself and the accompanying service is incredible. You can also view both MK and Epcot fireworks from the deck.

Bull & Bear in the Waldorf Astoria (very near the Epcot resort area) is another outstanding restaurant for a special dining treat - lots of special cocktails and many table-side preparations. Food and service are top notch.

I haven't done it yet but on my wish list is the evening safari and dinner at Jiko -- the Wanyama Safari (the dinner is a group family-style dinner).

Another idea, although not completely food-focused is the Wild Africa Trek in the Animal Kingdom. It does include lunch on the savanna and a curried chicken salad I still think about and create at home!

Thanks for prompting some fun brainstorming. I'm going to ponder what my return to WDW treat(s) will be! Hoping for all of us that our return visits (when safe) are sooner than we think!
I have been researching bull and bear! It looks like a scrummy contender!

The fireworks cruise is worth every penny. We did it for our 25th wedding anniversary. They decorated the boat with balloons and a sign. There were snacks and drinks, which we ended up taking back to the room, because we had a fabulous dinner at Narcoossees right before the cruise. The boat captain takes you on a tour of Bay Lake, and you learn a lot of history that is not public knowledge. Once the fireworks start, it is truly magical...an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.
We did the same, except for my 40th birthday and our fabulous dinner was at Kona! But I totally agree—that feeling of watching the fireworks almost completely alone (other boats around, but you could’ve heard a pin drop)—was surreal and peaceful and 100% magical. Highly recommend.

My daughter originally wanted her own room, but the discount offer came for the club level room, so we jumped at it. If we have to postpone, I’m getting two rooms, and one of them will be theme park view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter