and another 2 questions

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi all,

I am looking into prices for Easter 2004, I know it is a fair way off, but what the hell.

The room rates for 3 weeks, even for a suite seem to come out to about 2500.00 dollars, but of course the flight is a bit of an unknown. How much do any of you guys really get the flights for, are we talking a couple of hundred punds or more like 5 hundred. An guide would be great.

And secondly, what is the best off site hotel anyone has stayed at, there would be 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant. I have looked at the downtown Disney hotels and some on the Buena Vista Lake, how good are they. and do anyof them offer the Ultimate Park Hopper inclusive.

We stayed at the ASM in April 2002 for 18 nights and looking at all the pros and cons, I am still convinced that staying on site is the best option.

Cheers
Steve
stevechase@blueyonder.co.uk

Steve, have you considered rentinga villa for your three week holiday? You would have a lot more space than a hotel suite and would probably pay less. You would have the facilities to cater for yourself (as well as the option to eat out), probably have a pool of your own and if your choose the right villa would still be close to all the major attractions.

Liek you I prefer to stay on site, but when we holidayed with my sister and her husband we shared a villa and really enjoyed our time there.

Regards

Rob

We have lloked into it Rob, and thanks for the reply.

A friend of my wife, her mom and dad have a villa with it's own pool and we have seen a video of it and it looks great. but the thing is,it is £500 per week, so there is 1500 right off, plus the flight for 4 of us and 1 infant, which with the best will in the world is going to be 300.00 each, so there is another 1200.00 then add the tickets, which is best part of a grand, plus car and insurance, and you are up to and may pass what we payed this year to stay at the ASM.

So we are looking at all options, but the ASM was great, but a private pool sounds good too.

decisions, decisions..........

Cheers Rob

Steve

We have stayed mainly on-site, but have spent some time in off-site hotels as well.

Courtyard by Marriott in Lake Buena Vista area - stayed here in 1995 and loved it! Looked into staying there again in 1997, but discovered we could stay on-site for less, so didn't go back. I believe you can get the UHP at this hotel, but I'm not sure. The complimentary WDW transport system covers hotels in this area.

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, Kissimmee (on the 192) - had three nights here a couple of years ago to do the non-Disney attractions. We had a Kidsuite with a double bed, a single and two bunks so this would be a good option for your size family. The hotel was clean and had everything we needed as a base for days in the parks, but it wasn't the kind of place we'd choose if we planned to spend a lot of time back at the pool. I didn't think it was a on a par with the All Stars, but others may disagree.

Sorry, can't help with the flight prices as it's been a while since we went at that time of year, but we're planning to return over Easter 2004, too :) so I'll be interested to know the prices as well.

It's a tough one isn't it Steve!

My favourite money saving tip concerns car hire, especially if you are going for a long vist (3 weeks or more). Although the cost of renting cars is reasonable, the cost of the necessary insurance is often exorbitant. I've been able to avoid this by taking out American Express Premium annual travel insurance which includes CDW and SLI for unlimited car hire in North America. Although the Amex travel policy is more expensive than most other insurance policies, I've found that it saves me $$$s because I don't have to pay the rip-off insurance prices charged by the tour companies. We normally book a flydrive ticket (often not much more expensive than flight only) then arrange our own accommodation (usually taking advantage of the discounted rates offered by WDW) to reduce the price/give better value for money of our holiday.

Regards

Rob

Hi Steve

The time of year will affect your flight prices. easter being in demand obviously. I know what you mean though, a ball park figure would be nice. I paid £1500 for 2 adults, 3 kids for flights in September. Good deal? Don't know really but it was the cheapest I found using all the websites quoted on these boards.

I was also convinced by everyone here that a villa would probably be my best option as our party is five. Had lots of fun finding one. They are more money than a value/ budget off site hotel but much better I'm sure, and if you compare the cost with an upmarket hotel or on site accommodation there's not much in it.

Ken

try priceline for both flights and car hire.
i got car hire for $18 a day including insurance,
and flights for £220.

Tip is keep bidding REALLY low, ie £100 per flight,
it will keep saying your too low, so just increase it by a fiver each time eventualy it will offer really low fares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter