Angelrose's Journey

Oh thank you minnie56. My dr's appointment went well and the area I was wondering about was nothing serious. I knew that but was glad for the confirmation. I don't have to see her until the end of October. Maybe by that time the new meds will have a good effect and stop the spread. I have a good feeling about that.

I have been off the DIS for a while lately and I was sorry to hear your recent news about the Cancer and that you had to move in with your son. Glad there is a bright side to it that you will get to be with your grandbabies all the time now. Sounds like you are already settling in. You are lucky to have a great son and daughter in law to be able and willing to help you and that you all get along so well. Laughter and a positive attitude are definitely the best medicine so all the laughing you are doing can only make things better for you.

Happy belated Birthday!! :bday::cake:

Thank you snappyd!

Thank you rndmr2. I am so blessed to have such a great son and daughter in law. My Ron would have been so proud of him. Last night he showed me his "treasures" from when he was a kid. It brought back a lot of fun memories for both of us.

Well, the good news is that I finally got all the pictures from day two of my trip into Shutterfly. The bad news is that at this rate I will be done the 12th of never! With everyday having to stop at my house and get a few more things ready to donate or throw away or take with me, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I do apologize.

Waiting is half the fun! (Keep us in suspense!)

Happy Birthday Mary!

I’m a happy camper. My granddaughter will be born on Wednesday! I love, love, love my three grandsons but I can’t wait to meet this baby girl.

We’re still checking airfare to Charlotte to see our younger son at the end of July when their baby turns one! Sheesh, we’re def going, but yikes! the prices!

Keep up the good fight! STill pulling for you.

Thank you minniecarousel. Oh congratulations again Grandmom. A baby girl is such fun.

I will win this battle. No doubt in my mind.

Hello my friends. I thought I would be telling you how my second infusion. But the woman who gives me my blood tests every week didn't give me the ones I needed, so my doctor couldn't proceed. I have been having terrible pain in the ankle I broke 32 years ago. That is one of the side affects. I happened to mention that I was taking 8 Tylenol a day to help with the pain. That could be what is making my liver have problems. I have to stop taking Tylenol but he did give me a prescription for Tremodol. It is a pain killer but very low dose and it isn't habit forming. I can still take Aleve also. That does take the edge off so I'm not in agony just in pain. LOL Next week with the proper blood tests I will be getting my second infusion of poison. Karen and I did have a lot of good laughs through it all. Someone gave me a gift of a pair of socks that say F*** Cancer. Everyone loved them and wanted to know where to get them. Amazon sells them. So everyone got a good laugh at my colorful socks.

Definitely a little late.........Happy Belated Birthday. I think we have the same birthday.

Laughter is the best medicine. I would have loved the socks for my sister years ago.

Thank you AnnaS. May 29th. I also have a friend that is born on the same day and same year. We call each other twin. LOL

Oh I needed laughter today especially. I can't believe it's been 9 years since my dear Ron passed away. Chuck and I were cleaning out more stuff at my house this morning and in between him telling me to SIT DOWN, we got rid of a lot of stuff. I did feel like I was in obedience training. LOL "Ma, where is your water?" "Oh I didn't bring any because I had my coffee." He then proceeds to bring me a big glass of water and tells me I am thirsty. When did he become the parent and me the child?? heh heh heh

We did get a lot accomplished this morning and then we came back here and had cold pizza for lunch. I went upstairs and took a nap for two hours. We all got ready and went out to dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate Father's Day a day early. The kids have a swim meet tomorrow morning and Chuck has scheduled a massage and a day of doing nothing. I think he has earned it. I may do a bit of cooking, a that will be it for me. I think we all need a day of rest.

It will take a while/quiet a few trips to clean out the house - don't push/over do it. All of you.

I say it to hubby and everyone all the time, we have become our parents now since they are all gone. The roles do reverse. It's all good.

Happy Father's Day to Chuck. He does deserve a day of pampering :)

Yes I know it will take time, but I always seem to want to do more than I can physically do. I'm lucky to have them both remind me that my days of running around doing things are over and have been for quite a while.

Chuck did enjoy his massage very much. He sure needed it after hauling stuff all day yesterday. I needed this day off as well. I did a lot of dosing off and I did get to cook up some things this morning. Then I had lunch and did more dosing off for an hour or so. I do seem to need a bit more sleep lately. I don't mind that a bit.

Hi minnie56. I am doing well thank you. I had my treatment this morning and no bad side effects. The doctor is still "worried". But what can you do? Just hope the treatment does some good. We are super busy with the estate sale this weekend. We have sold a lot of stuff already and made more than we thought we would. Tomorrow and Sunday will be a mad house. Hopefully we can sell most of what is left. We have a dumpster almost full of junk that we had to get rid of. We are all beyond tired.

The Dr doesn’t know you and your inner strength!
Many prayers it takes it easy on you and tough on the disease.
I’m sure these days are exhausting.. rest when you can.
Stay well ..

Thanks minnie56. I am doing my best too stay positive and there is still NO doubt in my mind that I will beat this evil disease. We are having the estate sale today and tomorrow. Right now I am staying with the kids until they get picked up at 9:30 for swim practice. The hours were 8 to 2. We've had people from 7:30 on. Even my neighbors have come in. I wish I could have been there early this morning to say HI. Hopefully I will see more friends later on today. Ron and I have been rock collectors for most of our married life so our collection is quite extensive and worth quite a lot. You wouldn't believe the interest. There was actually a bidding war starting but it's first come, come served. One happy man, one very angry lady. She told Karen that the owner of the rock shop was disabled. Karen said, well, the money is for my mother in laws chemo, so I think we're even. LOL That shut her up. It's not our fault you couldn't come when we invited you the same time as the man. He showed up with cash in hand. You snooze, you lose. I can't wait to get there today.

If anyone can beat it, it's YOU for sure !!! Your attitude and inner strength will see you though.
People , they seldom disappoint hmm? Never miss any opportunity to complain about something they deem unjust, early bird catches the worm!

Good comeback from Karen indeed.

Hope you catch some friends stopping in today and it's a fruitful day !

WOW today was a madhouse. We did really well. My collection of geodes, petrified wood and fossils down in the basement went all day. Chuck spent the whole day down in the basement with our friend selling everything from old tools, garden equipment, cabinets plus the rocks. I have about a dozen pieces of cut glass from my grandmothers mother in law. She gave it to my grandmother as a wedding present. I have taken my favorite pieces and rest is for sale very cheap. So this man comes in and tells me it is not cut glass. I inform him that yes it is indeed cut glass. He tells me his friend/relative is in the business and he knows cut glass and it is not. I tell him how old it is and he is arguing with me. I tell him an antique seller told me it is indeed cut glass and that is the price. If you want it, buy it, if not move on, but don't call me a liar in my own house. He came THIS CLOSE to getting my cane up his butt, but I was being a good girl today. LOL

Then there was the man who came in wearing a state police t shirt. He talked to Karen first which I didn't hear. He said this house was abandoned for 15 years. UMMMMMMM NO people have been living here for 45 years. She thanked him for his service and he just looked at her. Then he came to me and told me he passed by this house and he thought it was abandoned. I said no I have been living her for 45 years. We park in the back. My Creep o meter started to go DING. 15 years ago my husband was still pushing a lawn mower every fall to mow down the bushes and weeds, so it most certainly didn't look abandoned. I thanked him for his service and he did thank me. After talking to Karen we decided there was definitely something weird about this. Before we left, we talked to the man who is buying the house and he told me to park where everyone can see and I'm blocking anyone who tries to drive in the back. He is also installing cameras front, side and back, just in case. His truck will also be parked in the front.

The rest of the day went really well and we did sell a lot of things I didn't expect to sell at all. Most people were really nice and it was fun talking to them and telling them a little bit about the history of what they were buying. My friend from Weight watchers came and bought some of my cut glass. She has a lot of the same pieces that I have but found two that she didn't have. I am glad that these things are going to homes that will really appreciate them. Even my organ went to a man who was almost in tears finding it for sale. His wife asked him if he was going to donate it to the church and he said no that he had to have it for himself. Boy did that make me feel good.

So tomorrow we will cut prices on everything just to get it gone and donate the rest. We are hoping to close on July 6. That will be the end of me going to my house because it will be Chris's house. I don't feel bad about this because I know how Chris will treat it and he is even keeping my stone lions in the front. I told him I named them Leo and Ludlow and they guard the house when we were not there. (Take that Creepy Guy)

I'll let you know how the rest of it goes tomorrow.

Had no idea you'd already sold your house. That was quick!

What do you think that creepy guy was up to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter