Animal Kingdom entertainment

slpeters

DIS Veteran
What are people's thoughts on the entertainment at Animal Kingdom. By that I mean the less formal stuff--not the stadium stuff or the meet and greets, more like the various drummers and singers and parties and the like.

Anyone have any must sees, must avoids? Is this stuff worth working into our plans?

We LOVED the ones we saw!! There were 2 different groups near Africa ... one was made up of drummers the other a group of female singers. Both were great!!! We were almost late getting to FoLK because we were enjoying it so much!!! There was a group by Discovery Island that were also very good!!! Only thing about them... they sounded too much like a Mariachi band. We loved their music too... but almost felt out of place. My DD is a music teacher and performer and loves all kinds of music especially African styles.....
I'd say definitely take the time to watch them if you happen by there.

I second the Burudika Band drummers. They are a must-see for us! So talented and so incredibly high-energy--even when we're practically melting, they're giving 110%!

We really, really love the harpist who plays on the stage at Discovery Island when the party isn't on. He is amazing!!!

It's one of our favourite parts about the park. We probably spend more time stopping and watching the various acts and musicians than we do on the rides. Same at Epcot. And we had a blast watching the street actors at HS last year.

If you've ever attended a Zumba class and loved it you will love, and be able to follow, the discovery island carnivale
All the entertainment in Africa is worth a watch imho

To add to the wonderful musicians, we lucked into a group of dancers/acrobats last weekend that were fun. And we saw Devine out and about 2 days. Ak, for us, is all about slowing down and enjoying the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter