Annie & Ed's PJ: 06/29/2011-Original Alice in Wonderland meet's Tim Burton Theme

puente0629

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone;),

I know it might be a little too soon to start a PJ but I just couldn't help myself...

Let's start off with some background on my hubby and I. My name is AnaMaria and I'm 24 born and raised in Miami, FL. My hubby's name is Edward, he's 44 and born and raised in East Chicago, IL. I've been a Disney fan ever since I could remember. My parents took me to Disney when I was one and have NEVER missed a year since. My hubby wasn't into until he met me and now he's come over to the "Disney Side". I know some of you might be shocked, as we are obviously 20 yrs apart but in my family it's pretty much common. My father and mother are also 20 yrs apart but reversed, my mom is 65 and my dad is 45 and the Dec. 2005, we were just friends as we were both in a serious relationship. About a year and 5 months later we both found each other single and ready to start fresh. Although we both thought of each as a party animal (me) and a workaholic (hubby), lol. We both decided that we might just take a chance and go on a first date (May 17, 2007) and everything we thought went out the window. After the first date we couldn't be a apart and spent everyday with each other. Then we did the most reasonable thing possible get engaged and in the most unconventional way. We were both chatting how we absolutely love each other and how we can't live with one another.:lovestruc Then I asked him, "would you marry me?", after the initial shock he said "Yes!". The next day my hubby wanted to talk to my parents and ask for my hand in marriage. My parents were surprised (for a sec thought I was preggo's) but said they gave us our blessings. That same night we bought we bought 4 round-trip airfare to Chicago, leaving June 28-June 31, 2007. We were married on June 29, 2007 in Chicago, IL at a civil court.

Day we were married:
eddyandannie4.jpg

eddyandannie3.jpg

Our mini-reception:
eddyandannie6.jpg

My Ring:
ring.jpg

ring2.jpg

We decided to wait to have a formal wedding when we were financially ready plus we were hoping to buy a new house...which we did (yayyy!!!):cool1:. So now that we are comfortable where we are, we knew that no place would do except Disney!!!!!! We decided to have an Alice in Wonderland meet's Tim Burton theme. Also, we are not calling this a "vow renewal" but our "wedding celebration". I'm super excited to start the planning process even though we are a yr and months away. Sorry for the long introduction, hope you enjoyed reading my PJ as I enjoy reading all of yours!!!

Here are some more pics of us:

eddyandannie7.jpg

eddyandannie5.jpg

eddyandannie2.jpg

eddyandannie.jpg

Happy Reading!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter