Anniversary at AKV?

Icecoldpenguin

May the Force Be With You
We want to spend our anniversary at disney using our DVC and I am trying to decide on what room at animal kingdom to get. A standard view room is 68 points and a savanna room is 82. Is it worth it to get the savanna room or do most standard rooms have a possible savanna view? Or instead of doing AKV would you do a studio at OKW for 66 points?

We have the points to borrow to do a 1 bedroom villa I just kinda did not want to borrow.

any help would be great

I wouldn't skimp and would go with the savanna view. It's pretty cool to sit on the balcony with your morning cup of coffee and watch the animals.

I'm not sure about Jambo, but Kidani standard view does not get you a SV. I do know that some of the value rooms in Jambo have a SV, but you could also get a parking lot view. It's a gamble. Rooms in Jambo are smaller, but it's nice to be an elevator ride to the pool and restaurants.

Have fun.

Things to consider - how many points you own, how often you stay at AKV, and how much you like seeing animals first thing in the morning. As a pp said, first thing in the morning is a great time to see the animals from your balcony over a cup of coffee. During other times of the day, you may not see much action. While I love the savannah view, the reality is that you can see a lot of interesting animals by going to the viewing areas. I'd pick AKV over OKW for your anniversary. Try dining at Saana by the window, and a giraffe or two may visit your table safely (from the other side of the window).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter