anniversary trip suprise

CharlesTD

Lovin the Mouse since 96
So here are my choices thus far BWV CR concierge AKL concierge and CSR.
All choices are going to be paid for with points we have established we don't care for the dining options at AKL and the only real reason for CR is the fireworks view of MK CSR was where we spent one week of our 3 during our honeymoon in 98. So advice on anything would be appreciated from points usage to choice of rooms at any and all resorts listed. Thanks Diane for the previous suggestion of trying all of them during the trip. This is not a romantic 10th anniverasary trip it is a parks trip for mom and dad no kids this time.

Sounds like BWV would be a good use of points and convinient to Epcot for you....

you realized that the WDW resorts - CR, AKL and CSR - if you cancel their points will go into a special reservation points and can NOT be used at any of the DVC resorts.

so be sure you understand that feature before you make the reservation.

do you like animals - if so I go with the AKL conceirge just because of their early morning safaris.

otherwise the Polyn. I like the MK fireworks from the Polyn better than from the Cont.

the cont fireworks can be too loud....

spiceycat said:
you realized that the WDW resorts - CR, AKL and CSR - if you cancel their points will go into a special reservation points and can NOT be used at any of the DVC resorts.

so be sure you understand that feature before you make the reservation.

do you like animals - if so I go with the AKL conceirge just because of their early morning safaris.

otherwise the Polyn. I like the MK fireworks from the Polyn better than from the Cont.

the cont fireworks can be too loud....

We know about the cancelation policy with the regular resorts. We love teh Safari at AKL and that is the reason we have considered it we also love Epcot thus the BWV option. We will be down there the month before doingthe half marathon with the whole family so it will be just the wife and I returning about 3.5 weeks later. The sound and feel of the fireworks is one of our favourite things we love the feeling of the concussion and the loud bang from the large bursts and we don't really care for the Poly or for the GF so that is why we aren't even considering those 2. Our family truly is a Value and Moderate resort loving family.

I like your plan! The only thing I would change is the CSR, as I wouldn't see myself staying there. You will be there with your family for the marathon? We are going Dec. 31-Jan 10 with the whole family and again the first week of March with just DH and I.

then go with the Cont - of course they won't guaranteed you a MK view. You might get Bay Lake.

you could rent your points for cash - for cash reservation the MK view is a guaranteed reservation.

the BCV also had in some of the rooms a nice view of the higher fireworks.

dianeschlicht said:
I like your plan! The only thing I would change is the CSR, as I wouldn't see myself staying there. You will be there with your family for the marathon? We are going Dec. 31-Jan 10 with the whole family and again the first week of March with just DH and I.

We love CSR it is our favourite resort next to the All Stars. We are going in Jan for 2 weeks with my mom and our kids for the marathon weekend but this is for 08 not this Jan I wish it was this Jan LOL. Then we head back just Dw and I for a week alone with the parks.

spiceycat said:
then go with the Cont - of course they won't guaranteed you a MK view. You might get Bay Lake.

you could rent your points for cash - for cash reservation the MK view is a guaranteed reservation.

the BCV also had in some of the rooms a nice view of the higher fireworks.

I am thinking CR but we will just use the points we will be banking our 07 points because we won't be going in 07 because we moved it to the Jan 08 date for the marathon. So we will have 800 points to use up in 08 so the points are not a problem. I also want to see how smoothly the transaction goes between DVC and the regular resorts as we plan on trading out in future visits after 08.

tinkgrl said:
Just want to say have a good time!!

Thank you very much I am sure it will be a great trip nothing but the wife and the parks how can we not have a great trip LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter