Annoying popup video ads in bottom left corner

Upatnoon

DIS Veteran
I've started getting annoying popup video ads appearing. Is this being done by disboard or is this some kind of hijacking?

Below is an example:

Which browser are you using? Some people report that switching to Chrome or Firefox can help. Other people use an ad blocker -- even a free version can help. Others turn off Java. See what works for you.

Which browser are you using? Some people report that switching to Chrome or Firefox can help. Other people use an ad blocker -- even a free version can help. Others turn off Java. See what works for you.
I use Chrome. Could be just one rogue ad, hopefully.

Someone else on another board posted about this issue, too. Must be this particular video that is causing problems.

I use Chrome (desktop) and 2 adblockers, and it started for me about 3 days ago. It shows up on the bottom left of my screen, along with sound, and made me jump the first time it happened. I can't turn off javascript as I need it for other things. Isn't there anyway for the DIS to be able to stop them?

I have been seeing the pop-up videos for two weeks, too.

I use Chrome, Ad-blocker, Norton, and Malwarebytes.

The video blocking the screen now says, "Powered by fixfuture".

I have Adblocker Plus and I'm not getting any pop ups, or other ads. Haven't for a long time.

Now, see, I've probably jinxed myself.....:headache:

I’ve been getting a game pop up that’s extremely annoying when I am trying to post. Lower left hand corner as I look at screen. I down loaded a pop up blocker and it didn’t help!

My problem says Powered by fixfuture as well!

Last edited:
I use Chrome. I have also been getting the annoying video on the bottom left part of the screen.

Last edited:
I'm getting them in the lower left corner also. A political one right now. It makes no since that this is the only website I get these on and no settings or ad blocker will get rid of it. It's been so annoying, I am now limiting my browsing the DIS to just checking updates, doing my countdown and leaving.

Love all the pop up ads and videos on the bottom of the screen. Screen has been acting up again too lately. Might be time to stop by here a little less often.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the board.......don't they make money from the advertisements? Just curious. It's a business - I get it. Just gets annoying and it's not enjoyable.

ok I'm getting it too so I went to my friend Google. The video ads I am getting say powered by Pixfuture.

Pixfuture is an online advertising platform for video ads. It looks to me that in order to increase advertising revenue from the Dis, the admin maybe @WebmasterCorey @WebmasterDoc @WebmasterAlex have installed this advertising platform. Just like the Google Adsense Google Display Network ads, the video ads are triggered by location, search history etc. Thats why everyone sees different video ads. Maybe they did not realize how much it would impact user experience on Dis

I use some kind of adblocker on my laptop PC and do not see any of the videos others are talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter