Annual Pass Benefits?

D&D's Mom

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Orlando 12/16 - 12-26. Although we will be in the WDW area for 10 days, we may not go to a Disney park every day....although we might !! I am considering whether to go with park hoppers or an annual pass. I am definitely planning to purchase 5 day hoppers at a minimum. Can anyone share some benefits of the annual pass which may help me decide whether it is worth the extra cost. By my calculations, my 5 day passes are costing $44/day thru our AAA. AP would have to be used 8.39 days to make it equivalent per day cost. I can see us possibly using 7 - 8 days this trip, but possibly not. I am not sure whether we will be able to make another trip during a 12 month period, but I am seeing that possibly the AP may have 100 extra days ( unsure since there seems to be some debate about whether this applies to non FL residents). Does the AP include free parking, any other discounts, etc. to make it even more a value that additional days of park access? Thanks to everyone for all your input on this.

Hi D&D's Mom!

You DO get free parking with an AP, and some other discounts as well. Here is a LINK to the information on AP benefits here on the DIS!
Hope that it helps! :)

THANKS A BUNCH !!! I knew I had seen that info somewhere before, but when I searched the boards, I couldn't find it or a link. I guess I've gotten so sucked into to boards that I forgot about the website...LOL ! Even the official WDW website did not list this info. All my questions answered. Thanks again!

I would buy my park hoppers now...if you decide on your vacation you need more days at the parks you can upgrade at any park ticket window or dt disney. You must upgrade before you use up your last day on the hopper.

Free parking at the theme parks is also a perk of staying on site at one of the WDW resorts.

An AP makes it easy to go to EPCOT just for dinner or illuminations on a non-park day without worrying about "wasting" a day on a park hopper pass. The times I went to WDW with an AP is was much more likely to go to a park for just few hours. An AP also makes it easier to justify a quick trip (airline sale, deeply discount offsite rooms, free parking).

Lewisc........You validate what I was thinking - going to a park for just a meal or just for fireworks or just for illuminations without having to waste a whole day's hopper. I think I won't feel rushed to do everything in a day just to "get my money's worth" from a hopper pass". I can foresee a couple long weekends maybe to justify those extra days....now if I can just come up with a way to convince the husband........hmmmmmmm

Thanks for the help!

I think the break even point is 7 days. Since you are going for 10 days I would definatley buy an AP. I upurchased mine for my last trip in June and was planning on simply taking my yearly treck a week earlier. Now it looks like I might be going in Feb as well, just because "I already have my ticket"

Disnee Dad Says......................................................... Get the AP, you are going during a very crowded time and will need some extra time in the parks. Try to do most your important items during the first half of your trip, the second half is where it will get crowded. We leave in two days for our third trip and we are buying an AP. Get to see the Osborne lights on Nov.16 or 17!! Our old plan had some off days, now the off days are more like" parks in the morning, then off" or " take it easy,then afternoon parade, dinner and fireworks. And maybe, just maybe we might be able to squeeze a trip out next November!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter