Annual pass cancellation

macman123

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem cancelling their annual pass?

Disney say sent out emails to cancel - I have never had one.

I have called the passholder number 3 times, told its a 3 hour wait but can have callback.

Never been called back.

Livechat doesn't work.

No response to email.

How have others cancelled their pass?

I would prefer it was just suspended but I dont think they will do that.

Sometimes online chat, through MDE will work, but you have to be (extraordinarily) patient. I am still waiting for WDW to reply to an e mail before making a final decision but if they don’t answer and I can’t get through on chat, I am planning to just send an e mail before cob EST on 11 August asking for my AP to be cancelled. I am going to attach a copy of my AP.

The 11 August deadline is very unfair to APHs who do not know when the current US/U.K. travel bans/restrictions will be lifted.
Good luck!

Question - does this only apply to people who already activated and used their AP? I purchased one before my supposed April trip and then, of course, never went. I never cancelled it because I didn't know what was going on and they weren't selling new APs.

Question - does this only apply to people who already activated and used their AP? I purchased one before my supposed April trip and then, of course, never went. I never cancelled it because I didn't know what was going on and they weren't selling new APs.
I believe so. If you haven’t activated your AP, I believe it is valid until 2023.

I called at 7am their time today. It has been cancelled.

But you need to do it by 11th August.

I cancelled my AP yesterday 😔. It doesn’t mean that I have given up all hope for my October 2020 trip😉 I have made ‘another’ 7 day resort reservation as a package with tickets, which I can cancel free of charge, 30 days beforehand. So I now have my original 14 night RO reservation at a ‘closed‘ resort (holding it in case WDW give me an amazing price protected upgrade😂); a reserve 14 day RO reservation, because I am a chicken and didn’t want to risk WDW just cancelling my reservation, as they did in July or reallocating me to a resort that I don’t want and the new 7 day package, with the other 7 days booked at UOR HRH. Thank goodness for US TAs.
We only planned on getting one more trip from our APs and I think that the amount of our AP refunds, will just about cover the cost of the 7 day tickets, although we will have lost memory maker and I am not sure how the cancellation of the APs will impact TiW.
If the October trip falls apart, I think I will just wait until the world is a more settled place, before booking again.

Slight AP cancellation blues this morning. How is everyone else feeling?

Me too. But I think, given I am from the UK, flights wont be resuming any time soon........

Me too. But I think, given I am from the UK, flights wont be resuming any time soon........
My British Airways flights from Gatwick to MCO are still showing as scheduled. Travel bans can be lifted (and reimposed) quickly, so don’t give up hope yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!