Annual Pass Credit ?

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
We were booked for a 10 day stay between 15th and 25th April. Of course we had to cancel hotels,flights,car rental,Cirque tickets,Fastpasses etc.
This trip was timed so we could get one last use of our Annual Passes which expire on May 1st. I called WDW and asked for a credit of 10 days to be used at a later date.
They suggested I call back after 31st March (not sure of significance of that date). Just wondered if anyone has a similar situation and if WDW will grant the 10 day AP Credit.
I did read that Annual Passes will be date extended by the number of days the parks are closed. This of course is no good to me and of course there is no way to know if and when I can re-book.
I recall when the last major hurricane went through WDW my daughter had a 6 Day pass she was not able to use. They gave her a credit to be used within 2 years. Do you think they may do similar
with our AP's ?

Yes, I think they may well offer you something similar.

But you won’t know for sure until you get a chance to ask.

Will be watching this thread. I am in a similar situation. Will call later this week.

subbing to follow as well. in the same situation. i went ahead and purchase another park ticket cause i re-booked for may but now that i may have to cancel that too it would be great if they gave a credit for my AP to be used later and then I can just use this new ticket on my dec trip.

I am in same situation. Had Annual Passes that expired on April 8, our trip was over spring break in March. We are DVC and found some availability for October for a full week. I even considered re purchasing new passes, but don't want them to start right away. Had not really planned on going back next year since we want to go to Aulani next summer.

This is what I have read as well. they will extend AP and TiW for the time they are closed. Since it isn't their fault, this seems fair.
Then they can refund me 25% as I bought my AP to use on 4 trips. I fly across the country in order to do so. It’s not Disney’s fault this happened. It is also not my fault. So why should they get to keep the money and I have to shove it? I had a mid/late March trip planned, AP expires mañana.

Prior to watching them literally change the closure FAQ on tickets for DLR (told everyone tickets would be valid until Jan 2022, then a couple days ago it changed to valid until original expiration) I thought maybe Disney would do the right thing for those of us with close in expiring APs/one last trip reservations and try to work with us when there was a traceable trip planned (FPs, hotel reservations, etc). Now I fully expect Disney to tell me to go take a hike when I plead for a ticket replacement or AP extension because I can’t drop everything and go to WDW as soon as it opens.

Last edited:
Got me thinking: what should Disney do? I think the best thing Disney could do is APs that expire during the closure be extended by the amount of the closure starting on the day of re-opening. (If a pass expires while park is closed, and park opens June 1, you have 2.5 months from June 1 to use it.) Won’t cover everyone, won’t get me the Flower and Garden trip I planned on when I bought it- but it gives me a fighting chance to use it.

@gottalovepluto I think that is possible. My son's AP expires in a couple days. If the parks open June 1 then that would mean that he wouldn't get to use it because the extension would only cover the black out period

As I previously mentioned, our AP's expire May 1st. Just like gottalovepluto , we were intending to use our passes for a 3rd and final trip before the passes expired. All this was of course, was cancelled (not WDW's fault nor ours). To simply extend the passes expiry date by the number of days it is closed is only beneficial to the folk who's passes are valid for many months or haven't yet booked or can travel at short notice. If the parks were to re-open June 1st (theoretical) ,then the passes would be extended by the number of days the parks were closed up to that date. This is not feasible for us to arrange a trip within weeks of the park re-openings. What I am hoping for is (like what happened to our daughter where during the last big hurricane she never got to use her 6 day pass. She was given a 6 day hopper credit to be used within 2 years). I called 407-939-7277 this morning and unfortunately they have no information other than whats on the website. She said that there are discussions going on right now but they wouldn't have answers until later in the month of April. I don't think its unreasonable for WDW to give us a 10 day Annual Pass Credit to be used within 1 year.

I wouldn't recommend calling right now. The CM's aren't going to know more than you do
agree with this. They don't know anything right now, any type of decision will be made after the parks reopen. If someone truly wants to get their idea/concern/question out there then email. Not that the answer will be any different now but at least you won't waste time on the phone

Got me thinking: what should Disney do? I think the best thing Disney could do is APs that expire during the closure be extended by the amount of the closure starting on the day of re-opening. (If a pass expires while park is closed, and park opens June 1, you have 2.5 months from June 1 to use it.) Won’t cover everyone, won’t get me the Flower and Garden trip I planned on when I bought it- but it gives me a fighting chance to use it.
This is what I had read disney already has said they are doing. Extending APs and TiW for the time closed.
While it doesn't really help me a lot, it seems fair. Had planned to get 3 trips out of the AP, now only 2, but thats not their fault.

This is what I had read disney already has said they are doing. Extending APs and TiW for the time closed.
While it doesn't really help me a lot, it seems fair. Had planned to get 3 trips out of the AP, now only 2, but thats not their fault.
No, Disney is extending expiration dates by the amount of days the park is closed. The extension doesn't start at re-opening right now. In practice this would mean my pass that expires today would expire 2.5 months later than 3/31 so if Disney re-opens 6/1 that gives me until mid-June. You find that fair, I do not. Nothing wrong with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter