Annual Pass Credit ?

I’m almost afraid to post this, for fear of giving Disney an idea...

We have silver passes that expire 9/17/20. It appears that the closure will span periods when our pass isn’t valid anyway.

If they extend our passes for the entire duration of the closure, that is more than fair. I recognize others have different situations that may not end up as favorable.
I also could see them doing extentions different based on type of pass. We shall see.
you assume Disney reads these boards :)

I have a feeling they will have to do something like this for those whose expire during the closure and the added days would still be during closure,

We buy for use 365 days, so I think that is what they will do, So, anyone with expiration in March, April, May...assuming June 1st...would get a new expiration starting then.

I am fortunate that my pass extension will now cover one extra trip as it expires October 6th and 2.5 months covers my early December trip,
I think in your case, you will get the extension when the park opens The purpose of giving people extra days is to make sure they get the 365. If most of the extension for someone falls within the closure, I can’t see them not making sure the days of extension are actually during when parks are open.

I've been staying out of this thread because I don't have an AP and have only been reading it out of curiosity. But, I felt I need to say something here. Based on what Disney's posted, there's no way that the added days would still be during the closure. They have stated that they will add the number of days they were closed to the length of the AP. Mathematically, this is the fairest approach, and gives them an easy, consistent way to treat everyone.

Let's say they're closed for a total of 100 days. A person who would have had 10 days left on their AP at the time they closed, would get 100 days added, resulting in them having 110 days from the date they closed. They were closed for 100 days, so on the day they open, that person still has 10 days left on their AP. A person who had 300 days left on their AP on the day they closed, would now have 400 days left on their AP, they were closed for 100 days, so that person still has 300 days left on their AP on the day they reopen.

Basically, however many of days you had left on your AP when they closed, is how many days you'll have left on your AP when they open. In general, en masse, it's fair (mathematically).

This breaks down though in two regards:
1) It doesn't take into consideration those with APs that have blackout periods. This approach isn't exactly fair for them, as it might only be providing days they can't use, depending on how they implement it. I can hope Disney has taken this into consideration and would do something special for them, but until Disney says otherwise, nobody knows for certain what will happen with them.
2) It doesn't take into consideration the ability for people to travel. In my examples above, the person who only had 10 days left on their AP, will most likely lose out, as their 'last hurrah' trip was cancelled, and even if they could rebook last minute for a trip, they'd be paying last minute rebooking prices for flights/hotels. More likely than not, those people are going to lose out on that trip. Similarly, the person who had 300 days left, might have just been there back in Feb, with plans to go back in Jan next year to squeeze in their second trip before the AP expires, and wouldn't have been effected at all by the closure. That person has bonused, as they now have until June for that second trip and don't have to fit it in by Jan anymore.

So, while it might mathematically be fair, no, it's not going to be fair in reality. But there's not going to be a way for Disney to make it fair for everyone. There's just too many variables to make everyone happy. This way at least, they're maintaining the contract purchased with the AP, for a 'potential' to enter the park, for 366 days, or for those with a blackout, a 'potential' to enter the park for 366 days, excluding select blackout dates. At the end, everyone will have the contract they purchased, fulfilled, whether or not it actually 'works' for them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter