Annual Pass Credit ?

Then they can refund me 25% as I bought my AP to use on 4 trips. I fly across the country in order to do so. It’s not Disney’s fault this happened. It is also not my fault. So why should they get to keep the money and I have to shove it? I had a mid/late March trip planned, AP expires mañana.

Prior to watching them literally change the closure FAQ on tickets for DLR (told everyone tickets would be valid until Jan 2022, then a couple days ago it changed to valid until original expiration) I thought maybe Disney would do the right thing for those of us with close in expiring APs/one last trip reservations and try to work with us when there was a traceable trip planned (FPs, hotel reservations, etc). Now I fully expect Disney to tell me to go take a hike when I plead for a ticket replacement or AP extension because I can’t drop everything and go to WDW as soon as it opens.

No it doesn’t work that way. It’s not their fault that the park has to be closed. Extending the number of days the park is closed onto the pass is fair. It’s an annual pass not a pass that grants you four trips when you see fit.

I had planned to get 4 trips out of my current AP. November 2019, May 2020, September 2020 and November 2020. I used the FD offer and canceled my May trip and upgraded the September trip to FD. I am the only one with an AP so I only had to add the ticket for me. I can use that to renew. I was hoping to add a January trip with the time Disney is going to add to my AP.

As I previously mentioned, our AP's expire May 1st. Just like gottalovepluto , we were intending to use our passes for a 3rd and final trip before the passes expired. All this was of course, was cancelled (not WDW's fault nor ours). To simply extend the passes expiry date by the number of days it is closed is only beneficial to the folk who's passes are valid for many months or haven't yet booked or can travel at short notice. If the parks were to re-open June 1st (theoretical) ,then the passes would be extended by the number of days the parks were closed up to that date. This is not feasible for us to arrange a trip within weeks of the park re-openings. What I am hoping for is (like what happened to our daughter where during the last big hurricane she never got to use her 6 day pass. She was given a 6 day hopper credit to be used within 2 years). I called 407-939-7277 this morning and unfortunately they have no information other than whats on the website. She said that there are discussions going on right now but they wouldn't have answers until later in the month of April. I don't think its unreasonable for WDW to give us a 10 day Annual Pass Credit to be used within 1 year.

Your AP expires 5/1. So that's about 6 weeks from the time the parks were closed in mid-March.

Rather than just giving you six weeks of time from the day they open (June 1st, so mid-July), instead Disney is extending all APs to the same amount of time that the parks are closed. So people with later expiration dates (May 31st) could argue that those with earlier expiration dates are getting more than their money's worth since.

The difference between your situation and your daughter's situation is because her tickets were unused. BTW, I'm pretty sure the tickets they gave your daughter are considered "complimentary tickets" that cannot be upgraded and have no value if she wants to upgrade them. Had she held onto the unused tickets she previously had, they would still hold value towards an upgrade.

Consequently, your other example of people with APs expiring March 31st is similar. Those individuals had APs that were only valid for 15 more days from the closure. So, really, they would only be entitled to a mid-June expiration date (15 days after anticipated opening) but they are getting more time.

My guess is because it's easier for Disney to create an algorithm that adds 75 days to everyone's expiration date, rather than going to each AP, calculating how much time they had left when the parks closed, and adding that to the end.

Not that I have an AP, but I like gottalovepluto's idea, if you had a trip already planned that has been mucked up by the virus closing, then Disney gives you a 6months?year to rebook that trip as you had planned the trip using your AP. Now I doubt Disney will do that, just saying it would be the right thing for them to do.
The economy isn't going to be as strong as it was the last few years, Disney would be wise to not screw over their loyal customers, but I'm not a CEO, so what do I know?

Hi. We are in the same boat pretty much and I’m hoping Disney ends up with a more generous option for the annual pass holders. Many of us don’t live in Florida but buy annual passes expecting to use them for 2 trips if not more and plan those trips that way. Extending my expiration by the number of days the parks is closed may be fair theoretically but it won’t help me.

We bought our passes for first use in October 2019 and have a trip planned for the end of April/beginning of May 2020. Those two trips combined make the annual pass worthwhile. We won’t be able to get back to Disney until probably spring 2021 with the loss of our spring 2020 trip.

While it’s not Disney’s fault that this pandemic happened, it isn’t ours (or other pass holders) either.

I know compared to what many are dealing with right now, worrying about how I’ll use (or not be able to use) my annual pass is insignificant; but since this is a Disney Board I figured people here would understand and be in the same situation.

Stay safe and healthy everyone
Noreen

It would be wonderful if Disney offered to credit AP holders for the length of any verified and cancelled stay; so if you had a 14 day resort reservation for April or May, they gave you the option of holding a 14 day ticket over until the end of 2021.

This is from Disney's annual pass page: "Passes do not guarantee theme park admission, especially during high attendance periods."

I think it says it all. Disney adding on the days they are closed is fair to everyone. Some people will not be able to reschedule trips cancelled due to a national emergency with that extended time frame. Is that unfortunate? Yes. Does Disney need to compensate them for it? No. Is Disney bad if they don't? No.

To me, expecting anything more than the extra days is entitlement.

I do agree for those whose passes expire during the closure that their "clock" on their remaining days should start on the new opening day. In other words a pass that expired on March 31 would expire mid-June while a pass expiring April 30 would expire mid-July. This gives EVERYONE the number of days that they paid for.

My Weekday Select expires 4/12 (grace 5/12). Not sure if it's eligible in mid summer renew as it's a blackout period. If that's the case they can give you a temp ticket that summer day you renew (did that before upgrading from a 4 day discover ticket) BUT you wouldn't go again til the blackouts are lifted. However, i've been on and off about renewing for few reasons even BEFORE the pandemic.

Im thinking if the parks are closed for 11 weeks, we will get 11 weeks added. March 14-June 1 (?), but thinking more towards just adding 3 months, making everyone’s 12 month pass a 15 months pass. Not unheard of by pass promotions. Im also a TiW cardholder and a Universal Studios passholder, so watching those too. I’ve already canceled my May trip and getting ready to cancel my June trip, already working on a backup August trip.

If I had to do a 'wish list' about possible solutions for AP holder, I would jump on one of these possible options:

1. You get an 'AP light' for the closing dates for next year (e.g closed March 14 - April 30 --> AP from 03/14/2021 to 04/30/2021)
or
2. You receive a hefty discount (maybe 30-40%) on the renewal price (WDW will make their profit out of the hotel bookings, restaurants visit etc.)
or
3. You get a flexible PH+ ticket for 1/4th of the closed days.

Almost everyone choosed their AP dates for their own reasons. For us it was the Star Wars run/Flower&Garden Festival and a trip with our first-time-visitor-friends in July (hope that WDW will be reopened by that) and we have no use of any extension into September/October (2 school kids) in our case.

If I had to do a 'wish list' about possible solutions for AP holder, I would jump on one of these possible options:
2. You receive a hefty discount (maybe 30-40%) on the renewal price (WDW will make their profit out of the hotel bookings, restaurants visit etc.)

My wish would be to get the advertised days added and a greater than the 15% renewal discount.

Got me thinking: what should Disney do? I think the best thing Disney could do is APs that expire during the closure be extended by the amount of the closure starting on the day of re-opening. (If a pass expires while park is closed, and park opens June 1, you have 2.5 months from June 1 to use it.) Won’t cover everyone, won’t get me the Flower and Garden trip I planned on when I bought it- but it gives me a fighting chance to use it.

I have a feeling they will have to do something like this for those whose expire during the closure and the added days would still be during closure,

We buy for use 365 days, so I think that is what they will do, So, anyone with expiration in March, April, May...assuming June 1st...would get a new expiration starting then.

I am fortunate that my pass extension will now cover one extra trip as it expires October 6th and 2.5 months covers my early December trip,

Last edited:
No, Disney is extending expiration dates by the amount of days the park is closed. The extension doesn't start at re-opening right now. In practice this would mean my pass that expires today would expire 2.5 months later than 3/31 so if Disney re-opens 6/1 that gives me until mid-June. You find that fair, I do not. Nothing wrong with that.

I think in your case, you will get the extension when the park opens The purpose of giving people extra days is to make sure they get the 365. If most of the extension for someone falls within the closure, I can’t see them not making sure the days of extension are actually during when parks are open.

Last edited:
I agree with Kaldro - specifically the deep discount on renewal. I'm in the same boat - cancelled a trip right at the start of all this...for three of us with APs. Coming from Massachusetts, not easy to just head back once their back open...I'm going to rebook later in the summer - but our APs will be expired by then. If they offered renewals at like 50% off the (for me DVC rate) but keep the expiration date as the original date...I'd be OK with that. I wasn't going to renew...and won't if they don't discount...but they'd get the AP hooks back in me (us) for another year with a hefty discount.

I’m almost afraid to post this, for fear of giving Disney an idea...

We have silver passes that expire 9/17/20. It appears that the closure will span periods when our pass isn’t valid anyway.

If they extend our passes for the entire duration of the closure, that is more than fair. I recognize others have different situations that may not end up as favorable.
I also could see them doing extentions different based on type of pass. We shall see.

I wish they would stop taking the monthly payments out like Universal is doing until they reopen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter