Annual pass payment plan and bankruptcy

robl45

DIS Veteran
Kind of just curious but who knows what may happen with this virus. So if you do annual pass on payments and declare bankruptcy, what happens? I assume the debt gets wiped out, but then later are you able to get new passes if things are better?

Disney may put in a claim for the amount still due to your bankruptcy lawyer or administrator.

Disney may or may not get paid the full amount, depending on whether your assets (cash, property, etc.) were enough to generate enough funds to pay all of the claims filed..

Next time when you buy something like an annual pass from Disney, they may or may not check your past credit history with them.

You may or may not get to buy another AP on credit from Disney.

My gut feeling is that Disney would let you book resort rooms and meals, etc. with no regard to your past bankruptcy provided you make payments in the normal fashion. Tickets, gifts, etc. would have to be paid for with cash, or with a credit card if you succeeded in getting another of those.

If you had not used the AP by the time you filed for bankruptcy, Disney could revoke the AP but would then have to refund what you paid so far and there would be no claim or debt. Bankruptcy is not grounds for banning you from the parks.

Last edited:
I dont believe your credit is even checked when you pay your pass monthly,I have my pass on a monthly pmt and have never given Disney my social or seen Disney on a credit report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter