Annual Pass question

ericar

Mouseketeer
Hi
I am thinking of buying 125 points from resale and 75 points direct so I can get discounts on annual passes. Will I be able to buy annual passes for my children when they are grown and living on there own?
Are there any limits to the number of passes I can buy? I am trying to think about the future of DVC ownership when my kids are grown and married with kids of there own.

You can only purchase annual passes for family members that reside in your residence. Adults (ages 18+) will need to show a photo id that has the same address as on the membership.

Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

You can only purchase annual passes for family members that reside in your residence. Adults (ages 18+) will need to show a photo id that has the same address as on the membership.

Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

So, if my D (on my contract) moves out and has a family, she can purchase for up to 8 in her household + the potential 8 in my household?

Basically, it's not a limit of 8 per membership if there are multiple addresses involved, right?

Hi
I am thinking of buying 125 points from resale and 75 points direct so I can get discounts on annual passes. Will I be able to buy annual passes for my children when they are grown and living on there own?
Are there any limits to the number of passes I can buy? I am trying to think about the future of DVC ownership when my kids are grown and married with kids of there own.

Only if they are on the contract (owner). Once they move out, no passes unless they are on the deed.

Asked question about the limit above..

So, if my D (on my contract) moves out and has a family, she can purchase for up to 8 in her household + the potential 8 in my household?
Based on the wording, yes.

Basically, it's not a limit of 8 per membership if there are multiple addresses involved, right?
The limit per household wording was taken directly off the AP page on the dvc website.

So when I buy I should put all 4 members of my family on the deed?
How old are they now? If they are over 18, then you can have them on the deed from the time that you purchase. But adding anyone also comes with some negatives that you will want to investigate before you do that.

"adding someone to a deed" is not as simple as sending over names to someone. You have to file new paperwork and there will be some cost involved.

Thanks, I did some more checking and the chance of loosing part of my timeshare over a future
divorce of my kids stops that idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!