Annual pass, RunDisney and photos

Indigorose

Earning My Ears
I’m planning to run the marathon in 2021. I’m considering getting an annual pass and trying to use it for a second trip marathon weekend 2022. Essentially I want to make the first marathon the beginning of the annual pass and the second marathon the end of the pass and have the pass go from Sunday January 10, 2021 to Sunday January 9, 2022. Has anyone done this?

To try to stretch it the most I’d have my first park day be Marathon day (I’m not worried about it being a full park day). Would my marathon photos then be included since they are taken earlier in the day before my pass is activated? Or do I need to activate it the day before and lose a day the following year?

Also is there any grace period for downloading photos? Or do the photos expire after the last day and I need to download them that night.

I would think you'd need to activate the annual pass first otherwise photopass will not be active and that's what gives you free photos. Also, downloading is only active for a year from when they are taken. You will see the expiration dates on the photopass. I recommend downloading them as soon as possible and then you won't have to remember a certain date. Hope this helps! Good Luck in the Marathon - every mile is magic!

With an AP, PhotoPass photos are available up to 364 days from when they are taken (including for download).

Unfortunately, not sure regarding it grandfathering photos taken prior to having an active AP, even on the same day. That certainly does make it more interesting for figuring out, but it also does mean if it doesn't default to allowing it, you should pretty reasonably be able to sweet talk (or at least politely argue your case) into having them added since they are same day.

For what it's worth, they advise anyone purchasing Memory Maker (no AP) to purchase it no later than 3 days before first photo day in order to ensure that photos are in your account. I have no idea if this will impact APs.

I've been trying to do a similar analysis for 2020 and 2021. Keep in mind, there is a leap year day for 2020, so don't know how Disney accounts for that.

I did the 5k and full marathon for 2020.
Wednesday January 8 - I activated my AP at Disney Springs.
Thursday January 9th - Ran the 5k and entered the parks for the first time.
Photos for 5k expire January 8, 2021.
AP Expires January 9, 2021

I do remember that the 5k photos and Ohana breakfast photos did appear in MDE before entering the park on Wednesday Jan 8. I was sitting at breakfast downloading them and sending to family.

I've been trying to do a similar analysis for 2020 and 2021. Keep in mind, there is a leap year day for 2020, so don't know how Disney accounts for that.

I did the 5k and full marathon for 2020.
Wednesday January 8 - I activated my AP at Disney Springs.
Thursday January 9th - Ran the 5k and entered the parks for the first time.
Photos for 5k expire January 8, 2021.
AP Expires January 9, 2021

I do remember that the 5k photos and Ohana breakfast photos did appear in MDE before entering the park on Wednesday Jan 8. I was sitting at breakfast downloading them and sending to family.
Do you mean the photos appeared before you entered the park on Thursday the 9th? Do your marathon photos also expire January 8 or do they expire a year from the marathon (after the AP expires?)

If I understand correctly, if I activate it at Disney Springs on Saturday January 9, 2021 I think it should expire on Monday, January 10, 2022. This should give me the ability to do the parks the week after the marathon in 2021 and the week before the marathon in 2022 and get all my photos. Assuming they keep the marathon the same weekend in January.

Do you mean the photos appeared before you entered the park on Thursday the 9th? Do your marathon photos also expire January 8 or do they expire a year from the marathon (after the AP expires?)

If I understand correctly, if I activate it at Disney Springs on Saturday January 9, 2021 I think it should expire on Monday, January 10, 2022. This should give me the ability to do the parks the week after the marathon in 2021 and the week before the marathon in 2022 and get all my photos. Assuming they keep the marathon the same weekend in January.
Yes, they did start appearing in MDE w/o water marks before I entered the park on 1/9.

I remember this because saw them during breakfast and then we were delayed getting into MK. I was sitting outside the gate waiting for everyone to arrive, and was able to view and download the 5k and Ohana pics.

My 5k pictures were captured Jan 9 but expire Jan 8.

My AP expires Jan 9, which is the Saturday before the marathon, hence why I have been calculating just as you have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter