Annual Pass-to renew or just purchase vouchers

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
Hello. Our current annual passes expire on December 10. Our last trip this year will be on December 6. I had every intention to renew our passes but started thinking about it. (I know, too much of that can be dangerous!) Anyway, I'm not sure of any dates next year until October, although I feel pretty confident we will return a couple of times before if only for long weekends. I started thinking that if we just purchase the vouchers for $377.00 each (Disney Club price) then we would spend $76.00 more (for the two of us) than the $337 (I think) for the renewal but we would not have a clock ticking away on us. Does that make sense or is the $76.00 savings worth it?

Absolutely it makes sense, and many people exactly what you've described. Even if you weren't getting the DC discount, it doesn't make sense to renew a pass unless you're going to use it within 2-3 months of the renewal date.

Paying $377 (full price) for the AP averages out to about $31 per month for 12 months. The $76 you would save in the renewal means that you're getting 2.45 months "free" by renewing.

Given the dates that you provided, if your next trip will be before March 1, '04, then it would be to your advantage to renew. If you don't plan to return until after March 1 '04, then you're wasting money by renewing.

I have to respectfully disagree with tjkraz.
We always buy vouchers when our APs expire-4 of them and dont activate until we actually go.
If we re-activate, then I see it as wasting the time before we go back, but that is just my opinion.
If your next trip was March, and you didnt activate until then, you would be good to March 2005, and so on and so on.
We find, that for us, waiting until we go back to activate has actually saved us money every 3rd or 4th year. This year for example, we are going on AP's bought last year, with one last trip under the wire. Did not spend a dime this year on AP's. Next planned trip is May 2004. Since DC is defunct as of 12/31, no discount, true, but also, no AP expense this entire calendar year.
Either way, I dont think you can go wrong!

You can not renew and activate at a later date. When you renew the passes are effective on that date.

You used to be able to do that but the 'loop hole' was closed.

If you could still do this it would work great.

Dave O.

Go Howard Dean !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter