Annual Passholder Magnets, Gripe

First-time AP’s — bought back in September and activated in early November. About when should magnets be mailed to AP’s (assuming you actually get one)?

Same as you - first time AP and activated in November. I received two magnets about a month ago.

First time AP's as well. We bought them during the 50th in October. I have sent two emails about the magnets (LOL I know, I have no life) and no magnets yet. But reading this thread gives me hope that they may eventually come in the mail!

Wonder if the days of seasonal/festival magnets for Passholders are gone? I know they were little silly things, but I really enjoyed getting mine at the park & adding it to my collection on the fridge.

I have gotten 2 of the "new" AP logo magnets somehow. I renewed last April so they came in the mail randomly after that.

I activated my annual pass last month. I didn't even know anything about a magnet! I certainly would love one, but not going to go out of my way to try to get one.

I have 4 APs in my family since 2019 and have not received a single passholder magnet. Never get any surveys for passholders either. Also no passholder previews for Remy's. Worried that somewhere something in their system still says I'm not an AP - even though the most important part is I can get in on my AP.

I called the VIPassholder line and they checked and said everything looked good to receive the magnets, anyone know of any tricks to receive the magnets? I went to Guest Services in person at Epcot too and was told to called the VIPassholder which I had already done.

Called the VIPassholder line today. Was on hold for about 2.5 hours before someone picked up and said they would transfer me to VIPassholder line. What?! I quadruple checked. Dialed the right number. Anyone have any idea as to what happened? I even checked the email I got a few weeks ago. Same number I dialed. Checked the WDW website. Same number I dialed.

So I sent another email… 🤞🏼

I’m a patient human, but Lord have mercy!

I have 4 APs in my family since 2019 and have not received a single passholder magnet. Never get any surveys for passholders either. Also no passholder previews for Remy's. Worried that somewhere something in their system still says I'm not an AP - even though the most important part is I can get in on my AP.

I called the VIPassholder line and they checked and said everything looked good to receive the magnets, anyone know of any tricks to receive the magnets? I went to Guest Services in person at Epcot too and was told to called the VIPassholder which I had already done.
A shot in the dark - I had this problem a few years ago, and it apparently happened because I had unsubscribed from one of their mailing lists. (Mine was so bad that it was blocking every auto-mailed anything, including the physical D23 magazine. I had to contact D23 every quarter to get them to manually mail me one.)

On a lark, I resubscribed to every mailing list they offer (ShopDisney, etc).

Here: https://privacychoices.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en-US

(There used to be a different global opt-out/opt-in button that I also toggled, but I don't know that it exists anymore.)

The next renewal, I got my first AP magnets. (I'd been an AP for maybe five years prior and had never received them.)

A shot in the dark - I had this problem a few years ago, and it apparently happened because I had unsubscribed from one of their mailing lists. (Mine was so bad that it was blocking every auto-mailed anything, including the physical D23 magazine. I had to contact D23 every quarter to get them to manually mail me one.)

On a lark, I resubscribed to every mailing list they offer (ShopDisney, etc).

Here: https://privacychoices.thewaltdisneycompany.com/en-US

(There used to be a different global opt-out/opt-in button that I also toggled, but I don't know that it exists anymore.)

The next renewal, I got my first AP magnets. (I'd been an AP for maybe five years prior and had never received them.)

Thanks - I have checked this, based on the recommendation of VIPassholder - I just checked again - I am subscribed to everything. I do receive my DVC Files Magazine, so I think I'm able to get things in the mail.

I wonder if I unsubscribe and re-subscribe if it would fix things though.

Thanks - I have checked this, based on the recommendation of VIPassholder - I just checked again - I am subscribed to everything. I do receive my DVC Files Magazine, so I think I'm able to get things in the mail.
Do you have any issues with other email - ie, do you get all of those ShopDisney promos?

Hopefully, you're right about the mail, but it's possible DVC uses a separate postal service. (I think D23 eventually got their own.) It used to be way more obvious if there were mail issues - I could tell which month my problem started because I immediately stopped getting the Mickey Monitor mailing that used to come with an AP (and started getting it again after the "fix"). I don't think I've received anything other than passholder magnets from Disney in the last couple of years.

I wonder if I unsubscribe and re-subscribe if it would fix things though.
I actually thought about suggesting that - certainly couldn't hurt, and might reset whatever the sticking point is.

Wonder if the days of seasonal/festival magnets for Passholders are gone? I know they were little silly things, but I really enjoyed getting mine at the park & adding it to my collection on the fridge.

I have gotten 2 of the "new" AP logo magnets somehow. I renewed last April so they came in the mail randomly after that.
Universal stopped their AP magnet give away. I remember going to Epcot five days straight for the world’s smallest cutting board.

Went to Disney Spring Sunday morning for the current passholder magnet giveaway.

I miss pickup being at a park. The VQ part went ok except I was still driving towards Disney & south of Tampa when it was 9am (oops) but luckily it let me in the VQ. Maybe it's 45 miles as the bird flies? I was in group 3 so at 10am I was notified it was my turn.

Do you have any issues with other email - ie, do you get all of those ShopDisney promos?

Hopefully, you're right about the mail, but it's possible DVC uses a separate postal service. (I think D23 eventually got their own.) It used to be way more obvious if there were mail issues - I could tell which month my problem started because I immediately stopped getting the Mickey Monitor mailing that used to come with an AP (and started getting it again after the "fix"). I don't think I've received anything other than passholder magnets from Disney in the last couple of years.

I actually thought about suggesting that - certainly couldn't hurt, and might reset whatever the sticking point is.

I do get shopDisney emails - funny thing is after I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to everything, I noticed I missed a DCL email (the one for 25% off certain sailings) that I did receive on another email account. Go figure.

Going in April and trying to decide if I should use time to get the pass holder magnet. Any strong opinions either way?

Activated my AP in September 2021 and no magnet 😢 Called the VIPassholder line at the end of January and the very nice CM said a majority of his calls were about magnets 😅 He confirmed my address, said deliveries were behind, but I should get it before March 7. Alas we're a week from April and nothing 😢

Called the VIPassholder line today. Was on hold for about 2.5 hours before someone picked up and said they would transfer me to VIPassholder line. What?! I quadruple checked. Dialed the right number. Anyone have any idea as to what happened? I even checked the email I got a few weeks ago. Same number I dialed. Checked the WDW website. Same number I dialed.

So I sent another email… 🤞🏼

I’m a patient human, but Lord have mercy!
When Passholder phones are jammed, the overflow goes to another group. Sometimes that group can help you, but most of the time they have to send you back to the Passholder line. Very frustrating!

I thought it ended in March- but maybe I missed something. We are there April 1-10.
In the past I’ve occasionally had luck stopping by Guest Services and asking them, very nicely, I know I’m late for the event but would really appreciate it if there were any leftover magnets. I missed the artsy Mickey one by one day. (This is back when they gave out magnets at Epcot. Don’t know where I’d go at Springs.)

When Passholder phones are jammed, the overflow goes to another group. Sometimes that group can help you, but most of the time they have to send you back to the Passholder line. Very frustrating!
That's very good to know. I wish the CM would have mentioned that, although I'm not sure if she even knew that. She made it sound as if I dialed the wrong number, and I thought I was going crazy. Thank you!

Y’all. The heavens parted and the sun shined down upon my face. Just when all was lost and hope was gurgling it’s dying breath…our magnets arrived today! A true Christmas miracle. 💜 😭

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!