Another AP question.

jlab

Earning My Ears
After making our FP selections a few weeks ago, we didn't really keep tabs on the various Disney happenings.

So, we missed purchasing AP's at the old rate and that park hours for our first trip had changed.

That being said, we do need to purchase AP's for 2018. We initially were only going to do one trip, so we only bought tickets for the week. We need to "upgrade" to the annual passes. Do we do that before our trip? Head to a ticket window when we get there? Will we be able to get the DVC prices on the AP's at a ticket window or do we need to do that through member services?

Thanks for any help!

After making our FP selections a few weeks ago, we didn't really keep tabs on the various Disney happenings.

So, we missed purchasing AP's at the old rate and that park hours for our first trip had changed.

That being said, we do need to purchase AP's for 2018. We initially were only going to do one trip, so we only bought tickets for the week. We need to "upgrade" to the annual passes. Do we do that before our trip? Head to a ticket window when we get there? Will we be able to get the DVC prices on the AP's at a ticket window or do we need to do that through member services?

Thanks for any help!

Yes, you can upgrade at a ticket window or guest services. Be sure to bring your blue Member card.

You can upgrade as long as the tickets are valid (ie within 14 days of 1st use, and still have a remaining day)
I generally upgrade in the afternoon, as I’m leaving a park for the day.

But you can upgrade before entering a park the 1st time, too... but the AP will be active from the upgrade day, or the day of 1st park admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!