Another banked points/ Corona closure question

linzjane88

Closet Disneyphile
I need a use year Guru.....banked point situations have never been my strongpoint as we are in a constant state of borrowing for trips (THAT my friends is why we don't buy stripped contracts! LOL) and don't typically cancel/change. I am going to provide probably too many details here and this may be a dumb question:

I have a September use year. Borrowed 2020 into 2019 for my January 2020 trip that ended up having a Standard View WL come through and gave us back 45 points. A month ago I booked at SSR for early June and it looks like they will still not be open.

If I cancel it now will those points go to my September 2020 use year, September 2019 use year, or in holding? Should I wait and let them cancel?

I really don't care what ends up happening and I will find a use for them regardless I just don't want to mess up and lose them or have them go holding. Ideal situation would them getting moved back to 2020 so I can use them on my November Aulani trip. Thank you for the help!

Right now, they are returning borrowed points for canceled reservations and waiving holding,

Waiting could mean the policy changes if it is announced they will be open. If you will go if open, let it ride. If not, cancel before the rules change!

I need a use year Guru.....banked point situations have never been my strongpoint as we are in a constant state of borrowing for trips (THAT my friends is why we don't buy stripped contracts! LOL) and don't typically cancel/change. I am going to provide probably too many details here and this may be a dumb question:

I have a September use year. Borrowed 2020 into 2019 for my January 2020 trip that ended up having a Standard View WL come through and gave us back 45 points. A month ago I booked at SSR for early June and it looks like they will still not be open.

If I cancel it now will those points go to my September 2020 use year, September 2019 use year, or in holding? Should I wait and let them cancel?

I really don't care what ends up happening and I will find a use for them regardless I just don't want to mess up and lose them or have them go holding. Ideal situation would them getting moved back to 2020 so I can use them on my November Aulani trip. Thank you for the help!

You can cancel and ask them to return the borrowed points and they will do that - no need to wait for them to cancel the reservation.

You can cancel and ask them to return the borrowed points and they will do that - no need to wait for them to cancel the reservation.
Was it true that they were, at least at some point, automatically returning them or is it a phone call/chat situation?

Was it true that they were, at least at some point, automatically returning them or is it a phone call/chat situation?
My trip was canceled by them, it took about 2 weeks and they returned the points back into 2020 use year. We did have some 2019 use year points in that reservation, from what I gather sometime in June, they will put them into 2020.

My trip was canceled by them, it took about 2 weeks and they returned the points back into 2020 use year. We did have some 2019 use year points in that reservation, from what I gather sometime in June, they will put them into 2020.

What UY are the 2019 points you are waiting on to be banked late? It seems to be inconsistent reports on when those are being returned

I know the 2018 points extended won’t show up until June...but there are different reports on late banking and when those will.

Thanks! I cancelled last night. As much as I would love to sneak down to Florida for a few days the reopening timing is not quite there yet and it makes much more sense to add a night at Aulani in November. Now if things are still shuttered in November I will definitely cry.

So I don't know if this is the best spot for this question. Anyways if we book Aulani in February and covid is on the rise or it isn't looking safe. If we cancel outside of the 30 day mark, let's say early January. Will the points go back in our account for 2020 & we can bank them into the next 2021 year before our banking deadline? Or do we have to use them being we had something scheduled? (Now we would likely cancel more than 30 days out so do not go in holding). Trying to wrap my head around all of this.

So I don't know if this is the best spot for this question. Anyways if we book Aulani in February and covid is on the rise or it isn't looking safe. If we cancel outside of the 30 day mark, let's say early January. Will the points go back in our account for 2020 & we can bank them into the next 2021 year before our banking deadline? Or do we have to use them being we had something scheduled? (Now we would likely cancel more than 30 days out so do not go in holding). Trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Assuming you cancel 31 days or more in advance the points go back into your UY. If they are current bankable points (ie, they had not already been banked and weren't borrowed) and you are still within your banking window then you would be able to bank them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter