Another reason to consider DVC

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just listed two small contracts. I bought one in 1998 and the other in 1999.

After I pay the sales commission, I will still be making a profit on each one.

Think of all the years of enjoyment we had and now we are going to make a little money, too. For any of you who don't know, that is not the way most other timeshares treat you.

For those of you who are undecided about buying in, just do it.

Why am I selling? To raise a little money to buy CRV WHEN it is offered.:cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

Counting your chickens before the eggs hatch.

I think CRV will happen, but I will be surprised if they announced anything within the next year or two.

Disney will probably build a new tower at the site with mixed use. They need to add back to the room inventory at Contempoary for the wing they took down. Disney can leave floor unfinished, ala Pop Century, to be finished as DVC units after Animal Kingdom Villas are done in 2009-2010.

I just listed two small contracts. I bought one in 1998 and the other in 1999.

After I pay the sales commission, I will still be making a profit on each one.

Think of all the years of enjoyment we had and now we are going to make a little money, too. For any of you who don't know, that is not the way most other timeshares treat you.

For those of you who are undecided about buying in, just do it.

Why am I selling? To raise a little money to buy CRV WHEN it is offered.:cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

Cool, no guarentees however - if the economy tailspins, if DVC overbuilds so there is more supply than demand, if gas prices increase so lots of members sell and new members are more hesitant to buy in for travel reasons, DVC's price point could tank.

I'm happy DVC has held its value, but "past performance is no guarentee of future returns" and people shouldn't buy if they require DVC to hold its value (or increase its value) to make it affordable for them.

Cool, no guarentees however - if the economy tailspins, if DVC overbuilds so there is more supply than demand, if gas prices increase so lots of members sell and new members are more hesitant to buy in for travel reasons, DVC's price point could tank.

I'm happy DVC has held its value, but "past performance is no guarentee of future returns" and people shouldn't buy if they require DVC to hold its value (or increase its value) to make it affordable for them.

Very, very wise words.

Plan on it having a $0 resale value the day after you purchase. Then you can only be surprised on the positive side. :thumbsup2

I'm trying, I'm trying...why didn't I look into this years ago. When I saw the DVC booths, I thought, oh yeah another hard sell, have to take vacation every year the same week, not for me. I should have been more open minded. Here I am now stressing out, trying to buy before prices go up again. I'm glad to hear that its been a good investment for you. Hopefully, I can get in while its still affordable. :goodvibes

Glad you made out. Sorry to see you leave us for now.

I am not really leaving DVC. I have 550 points and will still have 475 points
when both these contracts are sold. By the time CRV is announced, my guess is early 2008, I would like to have sold another 75 points and then be able to buy 100 points at CRV or even 150 if a good incentive is set at that level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter