Another Whispering Canyon Question.....

Disney_1derland

<font color=teal>Enjoys helping to make DISney Mag
Would you order from the menu or get the family style platter dinner? Does everyone at the table have to get the platter?

Thanks!

You can order anything you want if you get the platter its for the # of people who want it. DH and DS always get the all you can eat the rest of us order other things

Thanks!

This is our arrival night dinner and we are SO looking forward to it!

Enjoy it we really have fun there. We're taking our best friends on dec 9th they,ve never been there and they love a good time can't wait to see their reaction

LOL, I'm the only one in a group of 7 who is *in the know* about WC. I can't wait to see what might possibly happen since, without doubt at least one person at the table will have to ask for ketchup :eek: Antics or not, we'll have a great time but I think it will be a great first night dinner and put everyone in the mood for finding the kid in themselves.

I loved WS
We never got the platter when me and my mom went weboth ordered regular stuff
I had the chicken and apples one night and it was great
also the nachos are good
and the salad with the apple stuff on it was great

oOOH this is one of the places we're eating.. and I'm the only person as well "in the know" I'm trying so dang hard to keep it all a secret. It's KILLING ME INSIDE I'm so excited to eat here, I can't wait.

What a great idea--I won't tell anyone else about the antics... :teeth: I'm planning my December visit--my 4yo, my sister, and our 81yo mother. I'll try not to let on to them about the place.

We'll be going to 50's Prime Time Cafe and I don't plan to tell my mom about the place (my sister and son have been with me before).

After those 2 restaurants my mom is going to be scared to eat at WDW. :hyper: She's the type to like it, though!

T&B

Based on my experience and the threads I've read, you'd be better off with the all you can eat platter. Most people I've heard from enjoy the platters, but the a la carte meals can be mediocre on occasion. I hate disagreeing with the person who enjoyed their nachos, but when I had them in mid-August, the meat tasted like canned chili (what little there was of it), and there was virtually no cheese, or tomatoes, or onions, and no jalapenos at all. There's another thread on this site where someone else says the same thing. My DW and DD4 had chicken dinners, and though acceptable, the chicken was quite bland. Their mashed potatoes were good, however.

On the other hand, those ordering the platters seem to get fresher tasting, better food. In our case, perhaps it was because most people were ordering the platters and the turnover kept the orders fresher. I'm not sure. The experience is quite fun to be sure, but I wouldn't expect superior food (though I hear breakfast is better).

We got the family style meal for dinner and I needed tums immediately following it. I usually eat a somewhat low fat diet and that meal almost killed me. Enjoy but take a pepcid before!
Tara:crazy2:

This is also our arrive dinner. After looking at the menu I am a bit nervous. How are the ribs? Are they "dripping" in BBQ.? IS the sause supersweet, we have to diabetics in our group.

TIA!
Sue

We have eaten here for dinner twice and loved it. Not everyone has to order the skillet by any means. My mom ordered the pork chops and the rest of us got the skillet...she thought the pork chops were great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter