Another Wonder WBPC, February 24th – March 10th 2019

Hello!!!! Soooo excited to be going on this cruise:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::stitch:I'll be cruising with my husband, and this will be our first PC cruise. It will be our second time on the Wonder and our 7th cruise:cool1: Looks like we have some veteran PC cruisers with us. Can't wait to read your tips
:dance3:

My DS and I will be on this PC cruise as well. So exited! It’s the first longer cruise ( have taken 3 times only a 3 day cruise on the Dream) and I hope it is as good as I am dreaming about. Haven’t told my son yet, first need permission from school to take an extra 2 weeks off. Hope school doesn’t ruin my plan..

We are returning to this cruise after this years'. Had a great time. Love the sea days and port days where most everyone goes ashore and we hang by the pool. This will be #11 for us.

Last edited:

Welcome to the familiar names I have sailed with before and the folks that are new to the WBPC itinerary. We will have to see how active we can keep this thread over the next 15 months or so.

We just got off the eastbound Panama Canal Cruise last Friday. Booked this while we were on board. Looking forward to leaving out of Port Canaveral again.

Hi, Going on WBPC Feb, 24th 2019 with a friend I meet on WBTA 9/2017, we are both leaving our teens at home because her kids said they were " bored on WBTA 2017" and my 16 daughter said the same thing and doesn't want to go on another Disney cruise. Of course my daughter has until Oct. 2018 final payment date to change her mind. My friend and I will also be leaving our husbands home as well! This will be my first cruise/vacation without my daughter if she doesn't decide to come, part of me feel extremely guilty going on vacation without her and going on a DISNEY CRUISE without her just sounds weird! I'm hoping, I can look past this and enjoy my time with my new friend and maybe meet some new friends a long the way. My friend and I both love to travel and are looking to meet up with other solo travelers, single parents or even other couples that want to hang out, go to the shows, talk, dance etc, maybe occ. glass of wine but at least for me drinking not really necessary but would be fine with me if my new friends wanted to have drinks! I was dx. w/ Breast cancer in 2015 and due to my current medication, I shouldn't drink more than an occ. drink. Anyone interested in meeting and chatting with me and my friend prior to WBPC cruise or during WBPC, please feel free to contact me, I have been on EBPC 2016 before with my daughter and niece, but this will be my friends 1st PC cruise ever. Anyhow looking to have a great time one Disney WBPC! Maybe we should be saying WBPC 2019 Watch out!
Once again, if anyone wants to join in the FUN! Please feel free to reply!
I'm new to DISboards, so I hope i'm doing this correctly, if not please forgive me and I'm open to any and all suggestions!
To all Happy Sailing and until then Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!

Last edited:
Let’s get this PC cruise thread started! We’re in, who is joining us?

We did the 2017 WBPC and loved it so much we’re back again. We are a party of 3 in 2 rooms – my mom, her other half and myself. If you’ve sailed with me before you know I get my own room cause I am not sharing a bathroom! Cheaper to do all in one room but… I just can’t do it as I need my space. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. I should say that I will drop this cruise like a hot potato if DCL does a Hawaii cruise later in 2019 though. Disney, Hawaii – need I say more?

The other social media page has got all the action/planning started but feel free to plan or organize anything here. Drinking, meets and FE’s anyone? You can even combine them with the other site if you want as most, if not all, who post here will be posting in both locations anyways.
So what do you think the chances of Disney Hawaii 2019 really is?? Why doesn't DCL do Hawaii more??

So what do you think the chances of Disney Hawaii 2019 really is?? Why doesn't DCL do Hawaii more??
:welcome: I think the reason DCL doesn't do Hawaii is because it doesn't sell well as it is a one way out of Vancouver, and then a one way back. I'm not crazy about that itinerary, but I would love to do a Hawaii cruise again on DCL instead of NCL.

Hi, Going on WBPC Feb, 24th 2019 with a friend I meet on WBTA 9/2017, we are both leaving our teens at home because her kids said they were " bored on WBTA 2017" and my 16 daughter said the same thing and doesn't want to go on another Disney cruise. Of course my daughter has until Oct. 2018 final payment date to change her mind. My friend and I will also be leaving our husbands home as well! This will be my first cruise/vacation without my daughter if she doesn't decide to come, part of me feel extremely guilty going on vacation without her and going on a DISNEY CRUISE without her just sounds weird! I'm hoping, I can look past this and enjoy my time with my new friend and maybe meet some new friends a long the way. My friend and I both love to travel and are looking to meet up with other solo travelers, single parents or even other couples that want to hang out, go to the shows, talk, dance etc, maybe occ. glass of wine but at least for me drinking not really necessary but would be fine with me if my new friends wanted to have drinks! I was dx. w/ Breast cancer in 2015 and due to my current medication, I shouldn't drink more than an occ. drink. Anyone interested in meeting and chatting with me and my friend prior to WBPC cruise or during WBPC, please feel free to contact me, I have been on EBPC 2016 before with my daughter and niece, but this will be my friends 1st PC cruise ever. Anyhow looking to have a great time one Disney WBPC! Maybe we should be saying WBPC 2019 Watch out!
Once again, if anyone wants to join in the FUN! Please feel free to reply!
I'm new to DISboards, so I hope i'm doing this correctly, if not please forgive me and I'm open to any and all suggestions!
To all Happy Sailing and until then Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!
This will be my first WBPC Cruise. Super excited to get to know everyone. My 16 yo is sailing and I hope he doesn’t get bored. He loves Disney ships, but it may be different with a longer cruise.

This will be my first WBPC Cruise. Super excited to get to know everyone. My 16 yo is sailing and I hope he doesn’t get bored. He loves Disney ships, but it may be different with a longer cruise.
Hi, Looking forward to meeting you especially if your looking for company to explore ship, go to shows, pool etc. Yes, I hope your son doesn't get bored, unfortunately, I hate to admit it, I think my daughters acting like a spoiled brat and thinks life has to be non-stop fireworks to have fun, and god forbid they can't keep their nose in their phone. Have your son get engaged in the vibe and enc. him to try things they are doing in the club even if it sounds boring or is a little out of his comfort zone, go the the vibe the first night for the open house meet and greet and don't be afraid to make friends! My friend and I are gty cat. so I can't tell you our room number yet! BUT PLEASE keep in touch and well hang out and run from activities for adults and play like teenagers( dance, hang out by the pool, talk,laugh, go to dinner and shows etc.) if your interested?

Make sure your teens(or any kids) get in touch with each other so they have friends before they even get on the ship. Maybe "knowing" kids that are on the cruise will help them out?
I think a lot of the boredom is everyone is so addicted to technology that putting down a smart phone for 2 weeks just freaks them out:scared1: I loved the fact I could unplug for 2 weeks, minus the check ins when we were in port and I found wifi. But, I'm an adult so...:badpc:

Hi, You are a 100% correct about technology, my daughter when not in school or doing homework is either on her iphone or playing her xbox! I think it's this technology she misses more than her being truly bored! I don't have a smartphone and I don't do facebook, just because I see how people get addicted to their smart phone. I work in a NICU and the nurses are in their smart phones constantly and looking at facebook and facebook stalking and trash talking people's pictures/posts and I'm not going to get involved in this! Plus, I'd rather save the money I'd spend on a smart phone for myself and use my cheap tracfone for emergency only and have more money for a VACATION! Of course nothing but the best for our kids and mom goes without! Then when you pour time, money, energy into a Disney cruise, your selfish, unappreciative teen tells you they were bored! ( I probably created this by trying to give her everything in life even going without myself just to do so. So hoping to learn something from raising an only child that I've poured all my hopes, dream and aspirations into, still hoping that this unappreciative, spoiled child will one day see all the sacrifices made to give her a nice life! Anyhow, I got just gave a little too much TMI, so here we get back on track!) Your child telling you they were BORED on a disney cruise, this is absolutely the worst because you did this whole vacation for them in the first place! Just like my plan to do WBPC 2019, it was for my daughter so she could do one more cruise and go the vibe one last time before she turns 18 in July 2019, after I make plans with my friend and put down a deposit, she tells me she doesn't want to go! So heart broken once again in life! Life with a teenager! So here to get past this and go with my friend and do something for ME once in my life!!!! So see you all on WBPC Feb, 2019 and lets "ROCK THE SHIP" even more than the ocean can!!!
I do agree if the kids can meet before that would be helpful, as my daughter use to rave about the longer cruises because it took a couple days to make friends and you weren't get off the ship in another couple days after making friends if your sailing on a shorter cruise. I think for me the longer cruise make more sense, you invested the money in flying, you might as well stay as long as you can!
Thank you Huskierule for your input, like I said above your 100% correct about kids today! I look forward to reading more of your post and maybe we will see you on board WBPC Feb.. 2019, in the meantime have a wonderful cruise in 1 month, 3 weeks and 1 day!

Last edited:
:welcome: I think the reason DCL doesn't do Hawaii is because it doesn't sell well as it is a one way out of Vancouver, and then a one way back. I'm not crazy about that itinerary, but I would love to do a Hawaii cruise again on DCL instead of NCL.
Hi, Thank you for the information, I've always wonder why I've only heard of Hawaii once, I also would love to do Hawaii on DCL! If I ever see it, I'm going too!

I am so not addicted to my smart phone or FB, only check in 2 or 3 times a day and never at work. But, I will say that the cruise threads are a lot more active on FB and that is one of the reasons I am on there. Well, that and messenger for family that lives out of the country. I join the cruise pages so I can do FE's, mixologies or any of the other planned activities as it is not generally organized here anymore:confused3 or announced that something is planned.

Hi, Thank you for the useful information, I probably could set up facebook for just Disney cruise! My friend and I do want to have a good time so meeting people before the cruise might be added fun! DISboards was new to me and Facebook would be also new to me, but I'm going to check it out now. FE would be a fun thing to participate in, does this mean a lot more stuff to pack? Is mixology (Drinks?) Sorry for sounding uneducated, just trying to learn more about what DCL has to offer.
I am so not addicted to my smart phone or FB, only check in 2 or 3 times a day and never at work. But, I will say that the cruise threads are a lot more active on FB and that is one of the reasons I am on there. Well, that and messenger for family that lives out of the country. I join the cruise pages so I can do FE's, mixologies or any of the other planned activities as it is not generally organized here anymore:confused3 or announced that something is planned.[/QUOTE

On the WBPC this year we had adult and family FE’s, recipe exchange, tsum tsum exchange, fat quarter exchange, group Palo brunch, ornament exchange, mixologies, group picture on formal night and a meet and greet on embarkation day with candy. This was all arranged on FB and they have started most, if not all, of these for the 2019 cruise. The FE is going to be different on this cruise as they are doing the normal one and a small one, in which any item/s given need to fit in your hand. That will be a space saver for some people. I only sign up for 1 or 2 groups in the FE as that is what I can fit in a carry on. Port Canaveral is also a port that you can mail yourself a box to for those interested in doing that. Mixology(yes, it's alcohol) can be organized through the group and DCL offers it just in general, you would have to watch the Navigator to see when. Since I'm not a drinker(maybe 1 drink a year), I don't sign up for the mixologies so I don't have much info on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!