Anticipating Play, stay, dine 2019: Pop or POFQ

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
Planning a trip in late Jan/early Feb. I know it's not a guarantee, but last few years they've had the Play, Stay, Dine. But it seems like this deal typically comes out until the fall, so I am going to make reservations ahead of time, wait for the deal, and hopefully change it when it comes out. So what I am trying to figure out is if I want to do Pop or POFQ. I know in the past, the value resorts typically only provided a QS dining plan. We definitely want to regular dining plan, so I am trying to figure out if it would just be easier to do a moderate resort instead. Has anyone priced out a moderate vs value with play, stay, dine before and seen the difference in price after adding the upgrade to the dining plan?

Planning a trip in late Jan/early Feb. I know it's not a guarantee, but last few years they've had the Play, Stay, Dine. But it seems like this deal typically comes out until the fall, so I am going to make reservations ahead of time, wait for the deal, and hopefully change it when it comes out. So what I am trying to figure out is if I want to do Pop or POFQ. I know in the past, the value resorts typically only provided a QS dining plan. We definitely want to regular dining plan, so I am trying to figure out if it would just be easier to do a moderate resort instead. Has anyone priced out a moderate vs value with play, stay, dine before and seen the difference in price after adding the upgrade to the dining plan?
Last year I had Pop reserved for the first week in February. When The Stay Play and Dine promotion came I switched to Coronado and ended up paying about $400 more total on a 5 night trip. The upgrade from the quick service plan to the DDP is around $25 per person per night. So for us, a family of three, that would have been around $375. So I guess there isn't a lot of difference. But that was just my experience.

Last year I had Pop reserved for the first week in February. When The Stay Play and Dine promotion came I switched to Coronado and ended up paying about $400 more total on a 5 night trip. The upgrade from the quick service plan to the DDP is around $25 per person per night. So for us, a family of three, that would have been around $375. So I guess there isn't a lot of difference. But that was just my experience.

Thank you so much! This is super helpful :)

Does anyone know if PSD was limited to certain resorts or not. I am looking at doing a solo trip at the end of February and I think I would like to stay at POFQ, so I was wondering if it was included.

So I have Pop Century Booked right now for January 2019. I'm wondering if anyone knows what happens with the discount if I'd switch to a moderate but keep the quick service dining with the PSD. I'm guessing there would be no discount then. Anyone try to do that?

I've heard that the breakdown is 10-15% off the room (depending on what tier resort you stay at - Value-Deluxe) and 55% off dining. Park tix are already discounted when you buy multiple days.

Does anyone know if Art of Animation family suites are able to upgrade to the DDP, or is just the quick service plan available with the PSD discount? We stayed a few years ago with PSD in a Nemo suite and were hoping to do the same.

If I am staying at a value, can I pay to upgrade to the regular dining plan and just take the discount on quick service dining?

Does anyone know if Art of Animation family suites are able to upgrade to the DDP, or is just the quick service plan available with the PSD discount? We stayed a few years ago with PSD in a Nemo suite and were hoping to do the same.
I believe you can always upgrade from quick service to the regular dining plan, even with free dining or PSD.

Looking at pop with qs for feb i hope the offer isnt very slim and dont sale out to fast .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!