Anxious solo traveler

So I'm on day 2 of my first solo Disney trip, and this is also my first time back at WDW since I was 10 or 11. (Just turned 25.)

Everything has been pretty solid so far. Except for the hostess and server who maybe didn't know what to do with me at Flying Fish and some "how sad" looks from others dining, most people and CMs have been friendly. (Not to deter anyone from FF; I saw plenty of super friendly and chatty servers around. Just mine was like :confused: ) I'm not randomly making friends everywhere, but hopefully soon :laughing:

It is a little strange. In the ~real world~ it's never a big deal to be alone, and I've traveled alone domestically and internationally a lot, for years. Maybe it's just more noticeable here since there are so many families and groups, but whatever.

Anyway, you made a great choice in keeping your plans. I hope you have the best time on your September trip! :goodvibes
I'' be going solo soon too, end of this month hopefully. Happy travels!

Hi there, sorry I'm late to the thread, but I hope you haven't cancelled your trip! I've taken three solo trips to WDW and they were all wonderful! I've stayed at POFQ several times and it's a great resort. I never felt uncomfortable solo at any time during my trip. I know you said you're used to going with someone, but I still think you can have a great time alone. You'll have freedom to do anything and everything you want to do. Enjoy!
I'm in that situation right now... think I am going to just go for it and book it anyways!

Oh No! :scared1: Don't cancel. Disney is easy to do solo and you blend into the enviroment.

The best part of solo... you just don't have to anything!:goodvibes

Northrup - have a wonderful trip!
Blend in the environment.. this so to true. Exactly what I needed to hear for my possible upcoming solo trip!

Well, I kept my reservations and went solo! I am so happy I did!!! I had a blast. Doing and going what you want, where you want and how you want was amazing!!! Being somewhat of an introvert I was concerned. Was totally at ease immediately! CM's were awesome! i would totally recommend it to anyone!

i would totally recommend it to anyone!
That's great. Another convert....

I left the day you arrived - same resort. My second solo trip. I love going solo. I have never noticed any "how sad" looks from anyone. Didn't you just LOVE setting your own schedule and changing it on a whim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter