Any Canadian discounts right now for summer, (also ? booking externally)

petunia

DIS Veteran
Looking for last minute discount for mid July, we will be party of 5 for a few days, anything other than the 15% off?

Also, due to the exchange I considered booking a wdw resort off expedia.ca so its in CAD, can I still add the ddp if I book externally?

Have you looked at the Air Canada kids fly free? Not sure ages of those with you but it is something.

I purchased 5 - 5 day no hopper tickets a year ago (3x10 and up, 2 x under 10) and it looks like I can't use this year. I bought them with the 20% off deal for 1850 canadian. I'd be interested in selling(reassign) them at face value if you are interested. From what I see now those tickets would be 1935USD.

Looking for last minute discount for mid July, we will be party of 5 for a few days, anything other than the 15% off?

Also, due to the exchange I considered booking a wdw resort off expedia.ca so its in CAD, can I still add the ddp if I book externally?

Unless things have changed recently the only way you can add the dining plan to a room only reservation is if you booked the room directly thru Disney. There are ways to work around that though, figure out a ballpark figure of what your food will cost and put that on a gift card. You can buy those here and they will work in Disney, meaning you're using cdn funds.

I purchased 5 - 5 day no hopper tickets a year ago (3x10 and up, 2 x under 10) and it looks like I can't use this year. I bought them with the 20% off deal for 1850 canadian. I'd be interested in selling(reassign) them at face value if you are interested. From what I see now those tickets would be 1935USD.

Thanks, but we are 3 adults and 2 Disney adults..aka 11&12

Have you looked at the Air Canada kids fly free? Not sure ages of those with you but it is something.

Thanks, but we are going to be on a cruise the week before we wanted to do Disney, so I cant do a package..we have done them a few times and seems to be a good deal if you fly in, but wont work for us this time.

Unless things have changed recently the only way you can add the dining plan to a room only reservation is if you booked the room directly thru Disney. There are ways to work around that though, figure out a ballpark figure of what your food will cost and put that on a gift card. You can buy those here and they will work in Disney, meaning you're using cdn funds.

Wait - do you mean that you can buy Disney Gift cards in CDN $$$ and use in WDW as if the $$ is at par with USD? If so, where can I buy these cards and do they have an expiry date?

Wait - do you mean that you can buy Disney Gift cards in CDN $$$ and use in WDW as if the $$ is at par with USD? If so, where can I buy these cards and do they have an expiry date?
I wish! The money will be calculated on current exchange rate when you use it. I did this for my last DL trip in May.
I bought mine at Safeway, Shoppers Drug Mart, and our local Disney Store. I’ve also seen them at Independent Grocery.
As mentioned you save a little bypassing the 2.5% forex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!