Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
In one of my Disney Facebook groups, someone is saying they've read Splash will be down for refurb again in January. Surely they wouldn't need to close it again after an extended refurbishment, would they? I can't find any information to confirm this person's assertion.

Edited to Add: This info can be found on Kenny the Pirate's site -- January 8 to February 8 he's reporting Splash will be closed.

Last edited:
Is Splash Mountain really going back down for a month in January? Isn't it closed for 3 months now???

Kenny the Pirate is reporting it's closed for a month starting January 8...

Kali River Rapids at DAK is closing for a 5 week refurbishment in January. I don't see anything about Splash Mountain going down again.

I am NOT a happy camper. They're obviously opening it up for the holidays seasons and then shutting it down again when it "slows down". Like it ever slows down...

I am NOT a happy camper. They're obviously opening it up for the holidays seasons and then shutting it down again when it "slows down". Like it ever slows down...

Yeah, I'm really bummed too. I missed it last month and thought for sure I could count on it to be open in January. I know it's the winter and they usually close it, but this just seems excessive.

I sure hope not, especially considering I just purchased DAH tickets for January.

My thoughts also! I thought there is no way it would go down again after being closed for almost 3 months! This is crazy!

I always expect there to be refurbishments, but this one is really disappointing because it's closed right now. We're taking my 9-year-old niece for her first and probably only trip and it's going to be closed. Boooo!

Splash Mountain – August 28 through November 16 and January, 8 through February 8, 2018

It does say that Splash Mountain will be closed for 4 weeks starting January 8th. Booo. :(

So far the official WDW calendar only states that Hall of Presidents and Kali River Rapids will be closed for refurbishment in January. The FP window for January opens soon so they better make up their minds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!