Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

Mine too which hurts my heart. It’s really for her so that’s why it hurts. Us mamas do this. :-)

And it still makes no sense. Why not just finish the refurb and open it in early December?

Wouldn’t want to make the Thanksgiving goers mad (no clue really. Disney does some head scratching things...).

Well, I see a mod must have changed my thread title and are calling it “confirmed” so I guess I’d better just come to terms with this.

It’s my favorite ride. It’s the one ride I was sure to check to make sure it wouldn’t be down when I picked our dates. I am so bummed.

It’s my favorite ride. It’s the one ride I was sure to check to make sure it wouldn’t be down when I picked our dates. I am so bummed.

I hear ya, Elle. So bummed and a few other feelings too. :-(

Well if it truly is closing again, I am hoping it will open ahead of schedule for the DAH 1/26!

(I saw on another site the Liberty Square Riverboat will be down beginning 1/8 as well (for a lengthy refurb).

Oh poop as last time I went I didn't ride it as my DS was to small I was so excited to take him on it this time :(

Although it sorta makes sense as if it's not the warmest of January's how many people would want to go on water rides - best time to fix them so they are up for warmer times.

Disappointing yes. But, last time I went test track was down and we still had a really great time. And it’s January so having a water ride down is better.

A CM whom I spoke to last week in the Splash Mountain gift shop said that Splash would be down for 6 months starting in January.

So if it is only down for a month in January that is better than the 6 month refurb time than i was told.

Yep, appears it will in fact be Jan. 8th - Feb. 1st reopening Feb. 2nd.
Hoping these are the dates! We missed it so much in September and we are going Feb 3-11 and have after hours passes for the 8th! I need my Splash fix!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!