Any chance there will be more Studio rooms with TWO beds?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
I love DVC, but I wish they would create more studio rooms with two queen beds, like OKW. Am I the only one? I can understand that sometimes it's nice to have a bed and a couch, but other time when you have more than two people, or two people that would like to each have there own bed, it would be nice to have other resorts that offer this configuration besides OKW.

I would really like to see more options for this and thought there may be others who feel the same way.

I love DVC, but I wish they would create more studio rooms with two queen beds, like OKW. Am I the only one? I can understand that sometimes it's nice to have a bed and a couch, but other time when you have more than two people, or two people that would like to each have there own bed, it would be nice to have other resorts that offer this configuration besides OKW.

I would really like to see more options for this and thought there may be others who feel the same way.

I agree with you on this. I think they should do 50% with sleeper sofa and 50% with 2 queen beds. Lots and lots of complaints about the sleeper sofas, very uncomfortable. Supposedly they are looking into different options for the second sleeping surface.

I have never heard of a dedicated studio. Dedicated 2 bedroom yes but not a studio. Which resorts have dedicated studios for DVC? Only OKW has the 2 queen setup that I am aware of.

Last edited:

Where are these dedicated studios located? Have never heard of such a thing.

Dedicated studios have two beds.

:earsboy: Bill
Only if you consider the pull down "slightly smaller than a twin" bed a real bed. :)

Blanca - BWV has both dedicated & lock off studios. Not sure about other resorts.

I doubt they will build any more studios with two real beds instead of one bed and one sleeper sofa just because of the space required. Studios haven't gotten bigger, other than the Polynesian and those villas already had defined walls xince they didn't totally gut the building. Windows designate the space for the villa there. It's much easier to squeeze in one bed and one sleeper sofa that it is to squeeze in two real beds. What might be nice would be studios with one king bed and no other bed such that they are limited to two people in the studio. Similar to HGVC.

I would like to see more studios with two queen beds. I’m inviting a friend who also has sleep issues. I just cannot bear to get a two bedroom for the two of us. We each really need a real bed. Thank heavens OKW has availability for our trip.

What I'm thinking might show up is a studio that has a bed and some sort of full or queen size murphy bed vs the sleeper sofa. The very old SSR room refurb test photo showed something like that and I think once we finally see what they decided on there we'll know more. Or maybe Riviera will have it's info released before the SSR refurb.

BWV has 97 dedicated studios, 130 dedicated 1 bedrooms, 147 lockoffs. All the studios are 1 queen/double sofa bed. A dedicated studio or 1 bedroom has no connecting door.

AKV Jambo, Beach Club, Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek also have dedicated studios. All 1 queen/1 sofabed. I prefer them, less noise without the door.

I obviously don’t know the ins and outs of these things, but why couldn’t they consider a couch Murphy bed. Seems it would provide the best of both worlds easily enough. A couch for those just needing the one bed and a real mattress bed for those needing 2 beds.

I would guess that the chances of more studios with 2 beds a la OKW is slim to none for a couple of reasons.
1) As already mentioned, a room size issue.
2) It seems most new direct DVC purchasers are younger families, and prefer the bed/sofa combination. They don't think of their kids getting older or traveling with other adults.

I would guess that the chances of more studios with 2 beds a la OKW is slim to none for a couple of reasons.
2) It seems most new direct DVC purchasers are younger families, and prefer the bed/sofa combination. They don't think of their kids getting older or traveling with other adults.
Well, a great reason to appreciate OKW.

I don’t see how room size is an issue. If there were 2 queen beds in there it would take up less room than when the queen size sleeper sofa is opened. You have to put the cushions somewhere, that takes up a lot of space. When we stay in a studio the sofa gets unfolded and stays unfolded. It would be the same as other non DVC resorts with 2 beds. I just hope the test Murphy beds is the route they go at SSR. We spend most of the day at the parks. Plus the couches are pretty much the most uncomfortable couches I have ever sat on. I have sat and slept on sofa beds that are comfortable, so there really is not excuses for this. I do realize there are couples that go to Disney and enjoy the open space with the sofa. That’s why I think they should do a 50-50 split. I think a lot more people would be happy with this arrangement.

Last edited:
From a business standpoint, I don't see them offering it on future builds. OKW is one of the last resorts to book up, so the 2 real beds is a selling point to get people to book there with their points. When it comes to new purchasers, they are probably looking to hook people in with studios, have them wanting 2 real beds, and then hope that people add on enough points to be able to book 2 bedrooms.
The only way I see that changing is if they struggle to sell to young families, which does not look like it is presently happening.

I obviously don’t know the ins and outs of these things, but why couldn’t they consider a couch Murphy bed. Seems it would provide the best of both worlds easily enough. A couch for those just needing the one bed and a real mattress bed for those needing 2 beds.

That is what was shown in a mock up for SSR. I hope it’s correct - the sofa sleepers are so uncomfortable. I think DVC should start thinking out of it’s normal box a bit.

I don’t see how room size is an issue. If there were 2 queen beds in there it would take up less room than when the queen size sleeper sofa is opened. You have to put the cushions somewhere, that takes up a lot of space. When we stay in a studio the sofa gets unfolded and stays unfolded. It would be the same as other non DVC resorts with 2 beds. I just hope the test Murphy beds is the route they go at SSR. We spend most of the day at the parks. Plus the couches are pretty much the most uncomfortable couches I have ever sat on. I have sat and slept on sofa beds that are comfortable, so there really is not excuses for this. I do realize there are couples that go to Disney and enjoy the open space with the sofa. That’s why I think they should do a 50-50 split. I think a lot more people would be happy with this arrangement.
Room size and layout may be too small. Most studios do NOT have a queen sleeper, most use full/double bed size sleeper sofas. Also room configuration (the shape of the room) in future builds may not allow two queen beds. SOme of the studios are a tight fit already with the queen bed and full sleeper.

Last edited:
Where are these dedicated studios located? Have never heard of such a thing.

There are dedicated studios at BWV, AKV both at Kidani and Jambo House, and CCV. There might be others. However none of them had two queen beds. The only studio with two queen beds is at OKW.

Why are we trying to crowd in more guests in the smallest unit? Shouldn't we consider the 1 and 2BR instead? I think DVC should consider changing half of the lock off 1BRs into 2 queen beds instead of a king. I mean if you want to finally make a villa more usable for families shouldn't DVC change the 1BRs? If you take out the pullout couch in a studio and add a queen bed there won't be any floor space. Or perhaps the 1 and 2 BRs should have less living room space to make the studios wider?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter