Any FEMALES with a fave AR15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a female, but I own a Bushmaster carbine, as well as, a Delton (both 5.56/.223). Deltons are made in North Carolina and are fine weapons as well. I’d suggest visiting a local range and most will have demo models to try out.

No advice on the gun question, but please stop using female for woman. It's rude.

Rule number 1 of modern dating: if a profile says "female" swipe left!!! A few on here have said before that they were confused, but I want to assure ya'll, it's used as a derogatory all the time in slang, and it's not nice. Its like referring to women as a body part by some people. I can't be more explicit on the Dis, but let me say again, it's not nice.

@MIGrandma - I was typing this and saw your post. I promise when men say "I'm looking for a female blah, blah, blah" they're likely not looking to take a woman out for a nice date to find a new LTR. Of course, I don't think the OP meant that at all, but it definitely can set one's nerves on end when you've heard it in the less pleasant way. Phrases in the modern vernacular often evolve to mean way outside of what you would think. My mom has been shocked by some, but again, won't use them here, as I don't want to get in trouble. There are tons I've learned since I became single again that I wish I did NOT know.

Rule number 1 of modern dating: if a profile says "female" swipe left!!! A few on here have said before that they were confused, but I want to assure ya'll, it's used as a derogatory all the time in slang, and it's not nice. Its like referring to women as a body part by some people. I can't be more explicit on the Dis, but let me say again, it's not nice.

@MIGrandma - I was typing this and saw your post. I promise when men say "I'm looking for a female blah, blah, blah" they're likely not looking to take a woman out for a nice date to find a new LTR. Of course, I don't think the OP meant that at all, but it definitely can set one's nerves on end when you've heard it in the less pleasant way. Phrases in the modern vernacular often evolve to mean way outside of what you would think. My mom has been shocked by some, but again, won't use them here, as I don't want to get in trouble. There are tons I've learned since I became single again that I wish I did NOT know.

Well, that explains it then, I guess. I am not single and haven’t dated in almost 43 years. :rotfl:

Also, I think the OP is a woman so doesn’t look like she thinks using the word female is rude or offensive either.

And on any form you have to fill out it always asks if you’re male or female, not man or woman.

Maybe younger people are the ones who find it rude, I don’t know. But I still do not feel it is rude, sorry.

Well, that explains it then, I guess. I am not single and haven’t dated in almost 43 years. :rotfl:

Also, I think the OP is a woman so doesn’t look like she thinks using the word female is rude or offensive either.

And on any form you have to fill out it always asks if you’re male or female, not man or woman.

Maybe younger people are the ones who find it rude, I don’t know. But I still do not feel it is rude, sorry.

As a descriptor, it's fine. You now know that it may be seen by some (and I'm not young) as offensive. Just like with other words you can decide for yourself if that's how you want to speak. :confused3

Not sure why a particular rifle would be better for a woman or not, unless you're short of stature and need a shorter stock. I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of MSR's. They just don't feel right to me having grown up with bolt action rifles. That said, some were better than others. The Sig felt the best & for the record, I'm only 5'8" and like feel of youth hunting rifles. So, maybe that's one to check out. The LWRC you mentioned has a good Rep. It's still several months away, but if you can get to the NRA convention, it would be a great chance to try some out for size.

Really? I am a female/woman and have never heard that before. I do not consider it rude.

Me neither, girl. Me neither. I don't get it. Guess I need to edit my post so as not to upset all of the delicate folks on here. Geez, I'll go now and change 'female' to 'girl'. Wonder what will happen then.

Last edited:
Me neither, girl. Me neither. I don't get it. Guess I need to edit my post so as not to upset all of the delicate folks on here. Geez, I'll go now and change 'female' to 'girl'. Wonder what will happen then.

I'm not a snowflake, but you now know the other meanings...do you still use them?

I like my Sig M400 with OD Green Magpull furniture. I'm not real sure what differences your looking into, whenever you say MSR, I'm assuming you mean the AR platform? They're all basically the same workings, just slight differences even among brands. My wife prefers the wood stock look of my Century Arms RAS47 but it's an AK platform. I agree with others that it'll be best to find a local store to handle the different styles.
Good luck.

As a descriptor, it's fine. You now know that it may be seen by some (and I'm not young) as offensive. Just like with other words you can decide for yourself if that's how you want to speak. :confused3
Correct. Female is perfectly appropriate as an adjective. Its use as a noun tends to the offensive.

I like my Sig M400 with OD Green Magpull furniture. I'm not real sure what differences your looking into, whenever you say MSR, I'm assuming you mean the AR platform? They're all basically the same workings, just slight differences even among brands. My wife prefers the wood stock look of my Century Arms RAS47 but it's an AK platform. I agree with others that it'll be best to find a local store to handle the different styles.
Good luck.

EXACTLY. I had to edit "AR" out of my post because I was called out by other DISers for posting it so I edited to "MSR" so as not to offend delicate sensibilities. But yes, you are correct. That's exactly what I'm referring to. I don't know, maybe being a girl won't be an issue at all with this particular platform but I was specifically interested in opinions on felt recoil, hand grips, hand rails, trigger pull etc. These are all important factors for us girls (got called out on using 'female' too). Want to narrow down the selection at the store. I'm not a stocky girl and I have small hands. I just like to do my homework and make the best choice I can so there's no buyer's remorse after purchase. My local gun shop is huge with lots of ARs to handle. I liked the Daniel Defense originally but the more I researched the more overly hyped it seemed to be (showing up in movies etc) with an inflated price. I'm partial to solid black (which is usually cheaper so win-win there) and will definitely go with the free-float rail system. Not a huge fan of wood stocks/grips on guns but that's just me. There is a gun out there to suite ANYONE. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my original post. I appreciate it.

EXACTLY. I had to edit "AR" out of my post because I was called out by other DISers for posting it so I edited to "MSR" so as not to offend delicate sensibilities. But yes, you are correct. That's exactly what I'm referring to. I don't know, maybe being a girl won't be an issue at all with this particular platform but I was specifically interested in opinions on felt recoil, hand grips, hand rails, trigger pull etc. These are all important factors for us girls (got called out on using 'female' too). Want to narrow down the selection at the store. I'm not a stocky girl and I have small hands. I just like to do my homework and make the best choice I can so there's no buyer's remorse after purchase. My local gun shop is huge with lots of ARs to handle. I liked the Daniel Defense originally but the more I researched the more overly hyped it seemed to be (showing up in movies etc) with an inflated price. I'm partial to solid black (which is usually cheaper so win-win there) and will definitely go with the free-float rail system. Not a huge fan of wood stocks/grips on guns but that's just me. There is a gun out there to suite ANYONE. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my original post. I appreciate it.
I'm more than happy to help with any questions. I know a lot of people like Daniel Defense and their probably great rifles, but their are other great rifles; Bushmaster, S&W, Windham Weaponry, Sig, Colt. As far as styles my advice is to just buy a decent rifle with a good rated barrel and bolt carrier that's staked properly, you can change grips, stocks, and hand guards afterwards to suit you.

No one is being "delicate" folks are trying to educate.

3 MEN AND A BOAT, to start... regarding felt recoil, is it basically the same across AR15 brands or does it vary like in handguns? Is an upgraded trigger really necessary or will the standard issue trigger be fine? Geissele and Timney triggers seem to be a popular upgrade but adds $$. I don't have any experience so I feel like whatever comes with the model I choose, I will just get used to it as we do with anything else in life. Not sure you can answer this next one as I will probably decide this for myself in the store but... would an angled grip be better for small hands or a more vertical one?

No one is being "delicate" folks are trying to educate.

But it's ridiculous. The word female is fine to use. If the younger generation has made it into something else, well that's on you. (General you) I'm so tired of everything being offensive. Even the person that complained abt using word ...ak.... if that's what it is, call it that. Don't read the thread if it offends you. No reason op should have changed the title.

Felt recoil will be mainly a function of rifle weight. The lighter the gun, the harder it’ll kick. Likewise, if you opt for a high power round over the typical .223/5.56, the recoil will increase. Luckily, the base round is a bit of a pussycat, so I wouldn’t be real concerned if that’s the route you’re taking.

But it's ridiculous. The word female is fine to use. If the younger generation has made it into something else, well that's on you. (General you) I'm so tired of everything being offensive.

Again, you can say whatever you want. You know it can be offensive. That's all on you. There are tons of words people use that I excuse myself from. You know now, you can act however you want.

I am a Canadian firearms enthusiast. I have tried several MSRs, including an ACR, a Tavor, and of course, several AR15s. I am an unabashed SIG fan—have you tried an MCX? Lighter than an AR, but with the familiar AR style controls. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have.

I was going to say female—I am too old for this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter