Any guess on what dues will look like this year?

The government isnt choosing to keep grand cal closed, Disney is. Ill be requesting a full return of dues relating to the date hotels in Cali were allowed to open.
Would you prefer it to be open at this point? With the two parks closed, would you want to go? I feel like Disney is doing the right thing in keeping it closed until the parks can reopen and being more lenient with the points. Will love to hear how the conversation goes!

Would you prefer it to be open at this point? With the two parks closed, would you want to go? I feel like Disney is doing the right thing in keeping it closed until the parks can reopen and being more lenient with the points. Will love to hear how the conversation goes!

How do you propose the year worth of lost points is going to take care of itself? That being said yes, I would prefer it open.

just seeing if someone can read the tea leaves on what they think dues will be this year.
Most of my points are at the Aulani. Operating expenses have gone up a lot over the last few years - up 10.4% total over just the last 2 years - and I would honestly be happy if we could just get a flat year even though they will have been closed for about 8 months.

I had to cancel 2 separate trips there this year but I look at that as the downside to the risk that I signed up for when I became an owner of DVC points given the situation, not Disney somehow having treated me wrong in this.

How do you propose the year worth of lost points is going to take care of itself? That being said yes, I would prefer it open.
They’ll extend for the months it’s closed. You think people are going to fly in from all over the country and use points to swim in the pool?

Last edited:
It’s a pandemic. It’s bad in a lot of ways. I understand if you had banked points that are expiring it not being good, but Disney is allowing expiring points to be extended and allowing more flexibility than they probably need to. If you own DVC points you are an owner of a hotel during a time period when most travel’s been severely restricted.

Posted this elsewhere, but even if they opened VGC, if GC doesn't open there would be zero amemities.

And the state rules on pools are pretty strict. There would be no pool loungers. No sitting by the pool to pass time.

It’s a pandemic. It’s bad in a lot of ways. I understand if you had banked points that are expiring it not being good, but Disney is allowing expiring points to be extended and allowing more flexibility than they probably need to. If you own DVC points you are an owner of a hotel during a time period when most travel’s been severely restricted.

I am an owner of a hotel where the company that owns the overall property are keeping it closed because they want to.

People will go for swimming and shopping just like they did at wdw when just dvc and disney springs opened at first.

Im also well aware my reservation will be canceled at this point but Disney has been abysmal on planning and communication about the whole situation. As of right now there has been 0 announcement about December use year points that are expiring and theyve had months to figure that out.

People will go for swimming and shopping just like they did at wdw when just dvc and disney springs opened at first.

Actually, if VGC only opens, the pools won't open at all. Without the 900+ hotel units, the pools are not financially sustainable by the 48 VGC units (max 71 bookable).

The california pool rules will also not make a "resort stay with pool time!" attractive for most. Save when swimming, masks are mandatory. Operators must remove all loungers and furniture, cannot provide towels, must disable drinking fountains and cannot provide food service at the pool. Use times must be scheduled via sign up. So, pool is "come and swim" only, no lounging or drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!