Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Disney put out an update as to when AP will go back on sale? It is cheaper for us to buy the weekday pass, and just take weekends away than buy regular tickets.

Has Disney put out an update as to when AP will go back on sale? It is cheaper for us to buy the weekday pass, and just take weekends away than buy regular tickets.
No. Only people who have APs can renew, or if you had an AP that ended or was cancelled during or after the shutdown can now buy new ones. I would think after the new year they will go on sale again.

No. Only people who have APs can renew, or if you had an AP that ended or was cancelled during or after the shutdown can now buy new ones. I would think after the new year they will go on sale again.
Someone on another thread reported they had an AP that ended during the closure and was deemed eligible to buy a new one. They were also allowed to buy new APs for their kids. They will activate them this coming December. So I hope Disney will start selling new ones and allowing upgrades of current ones before the new year!
Here’s that post:
Just got my call back...

They sold me FL Resident Passes for my wife and I and I also talked them into allowing me to purchase APs for my 2 kids since we already had a trip booked for December. The only caveat is I had to pay for all 4 upfront, which I was more than happy to do.

1 Gold and 3 Silvers. I am a happy camper!!

Someone on another thread reported they had an AP that ended during the closure and was deemed eligible to buy a new one. They were also allowed to buy new APs for their kids. They will activate them this coming December. So I hope Disney will start selling new ones and allowing upgrades of current ones before the new year!
Here’s that post:

Yes, Blog Mickey broke the news

https://blogmickey.com/2020/09/disn...ders-with-expired-or-cancelled-annual-passes/

I had APs that we cancelled when the parks closed and the cast member I spoke to said I could not buy new ones. That was 10/10/2020. I believe that Disney only let a few people buy the Aps because they wanted the cash to refund the Aps that were cancelled. IMO the new APs will most likely cost a LOT more. Disney trying to recoup some of their losses due to COVID closure and restrictions.

I had APs that we cancelled when the parks closed and the cast member I spoke to said I could not buy new ones. That was 10/10/2020. I believe that Disney only let a few people buy the Aps because they wanted the cash to refund the Aps that were cancelled. IMO the new APs will most likely cost a LOT more. Disney trying to recoup some of their losses due to COVID closure and restrictions.
If you want one try again. Sounds like CM didn’t understand the process. Maybe try during the week with better odds of a knowledgeable CM?

There have been no reports they changed the prices of new APs.

If you want one try again. Sounds like CM didn’t understand the process. Maybe try during the week with better odds of a knowledgeable CM?

There have been no reports they changed the prices of new APs.
Yeah, I would call again. Phone CMs are notoriously ill informed. And I’ve found that the dedicated VIP Passholder line connects you to random phone center CMs. I’ve called it a few times and once it was answered by someone in dining reservations, once by IT help desk, and once by activities reservations. So definitely try again.

7 days have come and gone and still waiting for my call back. Just called and I am on the list. I hate waiting for telephone calls. 🚿 📞

7 days have come and gone and still waiting for my call back. Just called and I am on the list. I hate waiting for telephone calls. 🚿 📞

I was browsing yesterday and park hopper tickets are listed as available for 2021. could this mean there are plans to begin with hopper option and then AP sales with limitations? OR tier release to resort reservations first and then DVC members (putting the DVC member part out to the universe lol)?

I was browsing yesterday and park hopper tickets are listed as available for 2021. could this mean there are plans to begin with hopper option and then AP sales with limitations? OR tier release to resort reservations first and then DVC members (putting the DVC member part out to the universe lol)?
they've been selling tickets with hoppers for 2021 since they reopened tickets sales in June

PH for 2021 have been on sale since ticket sales started. Disney has made no announcements about allowing PH again. Considering DVC has not gotten any special treatment so far can’t imagine they’re about to start now. With APs already on sale to a few people I personally do not believe the “PH will come before new AP sales” idea floating around the Boards.

This is a topic that has me wondering really. When does everyone think the Annual Pass system comes back online? Just sitting here with cash in my hand waiting to buy my DVC pass.. Thought it would be a fun conversation to have here today.

Wondering that myself. We moved to a house in July that is 20 minutes from the parks. We still haven't been to the parks yet. You would think for all of the people who have cancelled their annual passes, Disney would have some "capacity" to sell them to others.

Wondering that myself. We moved to a house in July that is 20 minutes from the parks. We still haven't been to the parks yet. You would think for all of the people who have cancelled their annual passes, Disney would have some "capacity" to sell them to others.

Right? I thought for sure once they issued all the refunds, and everyone made their decisions they would open it back up. We were passholders from Aug 2012- Aug 2019 and decided to take a ONE year break, and become AP holders again in Aug of 2020 (once the kids return to school). But nope, the one time we take a break, this happens. We've since booked two separate trips using the Florida rates (one was in September and one in November) but buying tickets (even discounted ones) stings. We'd be booking hotels left and right if we had AP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter