any other "homemakers" have trouble qualifying for a Disney CC?

pinktink83

DIS Veteran
Im a bit surprised...I applied for a Disney (Chase) Credit Card and I got declined! :confused3 Maybe it was because I chose "homemaker" as my profession??? What do you think? I put DH's income which is $70k+ and my credit score is 740. I thought we were a shoe in!!! Should I have DH try it instead of me? His credit is worse though...630. :sad2:

It's worth a shot. Since becoming a homemaker I haven't applied for any cc's. Humm I wonder what would happen??? Good question.

I was able to get one as a "homemaker". But this was back in 2007, prior to the credit crisis. I'm probably going to cancel our card after this trip since they have eliminated the free stroller rental and they just increased our interest rate. Just my opinion, but only get the card if you're looking for the perks like the character photo op or restaurant discounts. It is a cute card, but there are so many other cards out there that offer more.

Don't be too upset. It's probably a backlash of the economy. CC companies are getting more and more picky. I'm sure it's not personal.

Chase is doing a lot of crappy stuff, like closing a card I've had for almost 10 years with NO notice to me, they raised my credit limit to 34% and then when I tried to use it for dinner one night it was just closed. I was NOT happy. They are also raising the rate on my Disney Visa so I'm considering shutting it down....I just cashed my rewards because if they close my account with no warning I'd lost them. It's not a lot but it's enough to buy us 2 meals in the parks!

I have tried TWICE to get a Chase Disney card and been declined both times. I have excellent credit (860) and my husband makes a good salary. I put "homemaker" both times and realize this may be why. I have never been declined a credit card. The first time I tried was 2 years ago so I don't think it's the current economy. The card is just plain hard to get....

When chase bought wamu they closed a card I'd had for five years and was completely paid off. Great interest rate too. They closed it and I was so shocked as I had always paid on time, kept it paid off and have great credit! But oh well. Don't need it, just felt that was silly

I have a disney card. Got it back in 05 and don't recommend it. Chase is crappy and I would stay away from them all together. They raise rates like crazy for no reason. I can't wait until we close that account!

Financial advisers are now suggesting leaving some balance on your CCs because a lot of banks are closing accounts that have no balance. Then you lose that line of credit, your credit score goes down (yes it goes down if you close an account!), and it's harder to get a new line of credit now.

We were with Wamu and when I heard they were having trouble, I moved all our money to our credit union. Not long after that Chase bought it. I have not been hearing good things about Chase either so glad I'm not there.

Our Amazon card is a Chase that gives us money back. We put lots on it but always pay it off every month. I hope they don't cancel suddenly. :mad: We only have one other card. Maybe it would be wise to try to get one more card just in case. I would hate to be caught suddenly with only one other card.

Wow, I honestly have had no issues with Chase at all. I have always banked at WAMU, but have been satisfied with the change over. I like my Disney Visa. They send me coupons that I can use online or at the Disney Store. I get to purchase lovely pins at the park that are only for Visa holders. I did use the free stroller many times. I have not gotten a free picture yet, but I want to this next time for sure! The do also offer a discount on merchandise if you spend $50, which is the only merchandise discount that I know of at the parks if you don't have a pap. Anyhow, just my two cents. I too had been declined, but my husband got us a card two years ago. When I saw the offer to ap holders for the free character breakfasts, I signed up right away and was pleasantly surprised when they opened my own account up. I have made my first purchase and am waiting for my free vouchers. Woo Hoo!

Oh, the other thing they do is have triple and 5 times the rewards fairly frequently. I always sign up for those and have gotten several pretty good bonuses. Not too bad for a no fee credit card.

Oh, the other thing they do is have triple and 5 times the rewards fairly frequently. I always sign up for those and have gotten several pretty good bonuses. Not too bad for a no fee credit card.

I wish they would offer us this deal! We have had the card since 2004 and have never gotten any special offer like this. Although a couple of months ago they did a special offer where if we paid our telecommunications bill automatically with it for two consecutive months, we got 25 free reward dollars. We pay for everything that we possibly can with this card, so that was an easy deal for us to get! :) I realize though that we probably don't get any of the double, triple, rewards etc. because we pay off our card every month. (That does give me something to think about though, if banks are closing cards that never have a balance).

We have always been happy with the card though, too. (Although very disappointed about the free stroller perk) :sad1:

We both have Chase cards and are currently buying a home. So we're careful to have all of our card balances at 30% or below of the credit limit. Your scores drastically increase when this is done. Two weeks before we close Chase double our interest rates and cut our limits in half of course, raising our percentage to almost 70%. The government is putting laws in place soon so all of these card companies are trying to take as much advantage as possible. If you pay off your chase card, be prepared for them to do something.

Odd thing is I already have an Amazon Chase card, but I get denied for a Disney Chase card every time. And my credit is really good.

I hate them.

DBF had Wa Mu as his bank and it's now Chase, they haven't messed with his account at all, but mine was suddenly closed without notice. I was so embarrassed when I tried to use it for Chinese one night, it said "do not honor" on the receipt, I was glad I had an alternate card with me to pay! I normally carry only my debit card and 1 cc but now I'm carrying 2 or 3 cc's just in case!

Oh and I NEVER get any deal offers either, I don't get the 5X rewards, I don't get anything.

One more benefit. Just got a code to buy my Disney on Ice tickets 20 days before the general public. Tickets have already been received:thumbsup2

I also just found my summer deals letter from them with a 15% off coupon. That will come in handy as I have a costume to buy!

And by gosh, I am going to go get that free character picture on my next trip no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter