Any Priceline Airfafare Success Stories?

PaulaJ

<font color=FF66FF>Hostess of the new Tag Fairy Ch
Considering bidding on airfare from PVD to MCO during Feb. when rates are sky high..any success or failure stories would be appreciated!:smooth:

I have used priceline for airfare successfully many times.l You can get some odd flight times although in my experience the flight times will only be odd on end of the trip or the other. If you are on a budget and need inexpensive flights, priceline is a good alternative to regular airfares. Some examples of fares I have received are: $110.00 DesMoines to Tampa. $130 DSM to Orlando and $115.00 DSM to New Orleans. Make sure that you research rates well before bidding and use the $25.00 Bonus Money link that you can find on the biddingfortravel.com website. Good Luck! Lilly

We just got Las Vegas to MCO for $110.00 over Spring Break. It is the same flight that we felt fortunate to get for $150.00 the beginning of December this year!

We are flying to MCO Jan 31-Feb 10, 2002 with priceline from MSP for $106 plus tax, etc. For the 6 of us, it comes to $788 all included!

We flew with hotwire last Feb. for $219 from Duluth, MN to MCO. (GREAT price from Duluth).

I bid for my parents from Duluth to Las Vegas for Feb -- $180/ticket all included.

Friends of mine flew MSP to MCO last February for $150 before taxes, etc.

Thanks, everyone! One more question,...how about connections...are there always connections, and are they off the wall or normal? I often get unbearable ear pain during ups and downs, so extra connections is a real sacrifice.

You can choose the number of connections you want when you make your bid. So, if you only want one connection, just check the box that says only one connection.

PaulaJ--I also fly out of PVD. What are the dates you are flying? I will keep my eye open for airfare specials. My husband and I had to fly to Indiana for a funeral a few months ago. The cheapest ticket we could get was 350.00RT. I vowed I would never use Priceline, but we were desperate so we did. We were on the exact same flight that we were looking at for 350.00 only it cost us 150.00RT. It is crazy. I don't know if it always works out so well but it did for us--Let me know your dates before you try though-I may be able to come up with something for you.

Sandyneck,
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying for FEB.18TH (Mon./ Prez day) to Sat. the 23rd . I HAVE SOME FLEXIBILITY, BUT WOULD LIKE TO AVOID THE PREVIOUS WEEKEND as the crowds are the worst then. If you see anything I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I'VE BEEN CHECKING...ESP. swa AND dELTA, but nothing decent yet. Any price near $300 offfers terrible flight times and connections. Love the Cape..my other favorite destination!

Hi Paula. I did some checking. On orbitz.com there are quite a few flights listed for your dates for $182.00RT. All are connecting flights, but if you are considering priceline you must have been willing to go for this. On SW if you change your dates slightly-Feb 19-Feb 26 there are nonstop flights for 267.00RT. If you want to go Feb 20-Feb 26 with a stop on the way done it is 222RT. I was planning an April trip to coincide with the kids school vacation and the airfare was so outrageous I changed to March and am taking them out of school. Good luck and let me know if this was helpful.

We flew Bangor, ME to MCO rt in early Dec. for $151/ticket on Delta, taxes included, thru priceline. I opted for more than one connection, so ended up with bgr-bos, bos-atl, atl-mco on the way down(8hrs), mco-bos, bos-bgr(6 hrs) on the way home. This was a very good price. Nearest price was $239 on NW, bgr-bos, bos-dtw, dtw-mco, same itinerary in reverse for trip home, approx. 11 hrs travel time. Best purchased airfare, bos-mco, was $161, and I would have had to drive 275 mi each way to logan, then pay for a week's parking on top of gas and tolls! We were very pleased, no problems with e-ticket, no problems getting the bos-atl leg rescheduled when the bgr-bos flight was late and we missed the scheduled leg. Good trip all around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter