Any rumors or speculations as to 2016 DW runs?

DisneyGuess

DIS Veteran
I know this is the last year of Everest. I'm just wondering if they'll replace it with a differently themed run in May 2016.

A group of friends & I have decided we want to do at least one in 2016, but we're wondering when we may know more about 2016 runs.

This is whats been announced so far....theres always a chance they could add something but this is whats set.
http://www.totaldesign.net/_CLIENTS/**********/runDisney2015-2016.jpg

Once EE goes away, there will only be three race weekends at DW compared to four out at DL. At some point you would think they would add something back to DW because the demand is certainly there. By losing two races at DW that is revenue RunDisney is not getting going forward. The only thing that might keep that from happening is all the construction at AK and the potential rumored changes at DHS.

I think the ToT 10 being gone may be temporary just due to all the construction going on at DHS, I have a feeling it will be back at somepoint

With the new Disneyland Paris race, the runDisney team might be stretched thin running events on both coasts and now Europe too! I doubt there would be another inaugural event in 2016, but I suppose anything is possible

I see WDW getting SOME kind of race weekend to help balance them out. Even if runDisney takes control of the. Disneyland-Paris Half, there will be a huge gap in between races at WDW (February - November). I do feel ToT will be back in another year or two.

I think the ToT 10 being gone may be temporary just due to all the construction going on at DHS, I have a feeling it will be back at somepoint

I'm really hoping this is true. I really wanted to get the chance to run this one, so keeping my fingers crossed that it's temporary.

I see WDW getting SOME kind of race weekend to help balance them out. Even if runDisney takes control of the. Disneyland-Paris Half, there will be a huge gap in between races at WDW (February - November). I do feel ToT will be back in another year or two.

Unless they add an East Coast Star Wars race with its own special Coast-to-Coast Challenge ...

Unless they add an East Coast Star Wars race with its own special Coast-to-Coast Challenge ...

th

I really hope they add another race weekend in Disney World, either in May to replace Everest, or something at the time when ToT is. As it stands now, 2 of the race weekends at Disney World are really close together, and then nothing until November (although I know half marathons in Florida in summer are not a good idea). I just find it kind of strange that Disneyland gains 2 races in a year, while WDW is losing 2. I understand that it's probably not permanent, but I hope they aren't gone for long, because the demand is skyrocketing and they need another option.

I personally would love it if they turned TOT weekend into another half marathon weekend with a similar theme. Maybe just bring it back as the Tower of Terror half marathon? Or I don't think anyone would object to a Star Wars race on both coasts.

That would be so awesome! I think it would be very popular. I would love to run in an East Coast version!

If they have a Star Wars event at DL.
And a Star Wars event at DW.
And it took place in the same calendar year........

Coast to Coast Challenge would not be a worthy name.
Something like "Across the Universe Challenge" or similar would be more like it.

I really hope they add another race weekend in Disney World, either in May to replace Everest, or something at the time when ToT is. As it stands now, 2 of the race weekends at Disney World are really close together, and then nothing until November (although I know half marathons in Florida in summer are not a good idea). I just find it kind of strange that Disneyland gains 2 races in a year, while WDW is losing 2. I understand that it's probably not permanent, but I hope they aren't gone for long, because the demand is skyrocketing and they need another option.

I personally would love it if they turned TOT weekend into another half marathon weekend with a similar theme. Maybe just bring it back as the Tower of Terror half marathon? Or I don't think anyone would object to a Star Wars race on both coasts.

I would LOVE it if TOT added a Half into the weekend! They could still have the Haunted 5K, do the 10-Miler on Saturday and then the Half on Sunday. Maybe a special kind of challenge!

I think I'm in the vast minority, but I really hope another Star Wars race weekend isn't added. I think that weekend and the Princess weekend are my least desired races run, even though they are probably the more likely race weekends I'd end up running (as per vacation dates). I think SW Weekend should have been given to WDW during the week (or leading into) Star Wars fair in May.

I would LOVE it if TOT added a Half into the weekend! They could still have the Haunted 5K, do the 10-Miler on Saturday and then the Half on Sunday. Maybe a special kind of challenge!

I think I'm in the vast minority, but I really hope another Star Wars race weekend isn't added. I think that weekend and the Princess weekend are my least desired races run, even though they are probably the more likely race weekends I'd end up running (as per vacation dates). I think SW Weekend should have been given to WDW during the week (or leading into) Star Wars fair in May.
Yes! Now that it's come out that Avengers is getting a challenge (per Disney's slip on the site today, even though it isn't "official") it's even more clear that Disney World needs something else. Disneyland is going to have 4 full weekends with challenges, and Disney World only has 2, with one other event once Everest goes away. And runDisney continues to up the demand for these races by continuing to add these challenges. With the Coast to Coast, there is higher pressure on the Disney World races now and they need another half marathon to give people other options.

I'm still shocked that they stack a 5K and Wine and Dine on the same day. This weekend feels ripe for a Challenge, yet ... nothing? And two races on the same day?

Call it the Remy and have a 10K in the morning and a Half in the evening and I'm totally in.

I'm still shocked that they stack a 5K and Wine and Dine on the same day. This weekend feels ripe for a Challenge, yet ... nothing? And two races on the same day?

Call it the Remy and have a 10K in the morning and a Half in the evening and I'm totally in.

It wouldn't surprise me if runDisney changed it into a challenge. I'm also kind of surprised the WDW Marathon Weekend doesn't have some kind of challenge that parallels to the GSC, DDD, and PDC (10K & Half). Call it the Daisy Challenge or incorporate Daisy into the mix and you've got all the basic characters covered that weekend. But with two big challenges already it would basically make the 10K impossible to run by itself.

I ran 10K and Half in January at Marathon Weekend. Any other Disney race and I would have gotten a challenge medal! I love your idea of a Daisy Challenge!

It's an interesting idea, but it probably wouldn't get them any additional registrations and just add to the cost for Dopey runners (one more shirt, one more medal). I would like to see other full marathon distances added apart from January because marathon training over the holidays and cold winter months can be a drag. A full marathon in October-November would be cool! Even if it was a night race. Make that the new Tower of Terror theme?!

im loving all of these ideas, you wouldn't neccesarily have to include the "daisy" in with the dopey since the half is already part of the goofy, I think TOT being gone is only temporary I would love to see them change it to a full on half I mean the 13 miles would fit in with the horror theme already wouldn't it?

I ran 10K and Half in January at Marathon Weekend. Any other Disney race and I would have gotten a challenge medal! I love your idea of a Daisy Challenge!

She is the last "main" character not included. :)

It's an interesting idea, but it probably wouldn't get them any additional registrations and just add to the cost for Dopey runners (one more shirt, one more medal). I would like to see other full marathon distances added apart from January because marathon training over the holidays and cold winter months can be a drag. A full marathon in October-November would be cool! Even if it was a night race. Make that the new Tower of Terror theme?!

rD would actually have to increase the 10K field if they ever decided to make a 10K/half challenge at WDW Marathon weekend because there are essentially 4,000 +/- (?) spots of the 10,000 10K spots open for just the 10K itself. 7,000 or so are reserved for Dopey. If this Daisy (or something of the like) challenge ever opened, they would have to increase the field, which I highly doubt would happen. It would be a way for Disney to generate additional revenue with marginal costs. (Like they really need a reason ;) )

im loving all of these ideas, you wouldn't neccesarily have to include the "daisy" in with the dopey since the half is already part of the goofy, I think TOT being gone is only temporary I would love to see them change it to a full on half I mean the 13 miles would fit in with the horror theme already wouldn't it?

Never thought of it until you pointed it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter