Any tips to get our group of 8 out in the morning?

Maybe just make sure you set your fast passes after lunch and don’t be determined to leave for the parks together. If you’re too forceful in making them leave early in the morning, they’re going to resent it. If you feel like they’re holding you back and causing you to miss rope drop, you’re going to resent it. So, maybe just let everyone get to the park at their own pace and meet up later in the morning or for lunch.

Just explain if you are not here at this time we are leaving you behind! Plan and simple.

That’s what cell phones are for. It’s everyones vacation. Let everyone go at their own pace and text to meet up. Have your cake and eat it too. You’ll have a full week of “togetherness” time without worrying about a couple of hours apart here and there.

Our family has done both (early and later starts) and we MUCH MORE prefer the parks at night and stay til closing, plus we did not like taking afternoon breaks when we went early. We no longer set an alarm to get up early and we especially make sure our DDs get their rest, and I can say they never have any melt downs. We learned years ago to try not to wake up early after a late night, so we rarely do RD and totally enjoy our relaxing vacations. But when we go with other families that are morning people, we just meet them in the park, there is no rule that everybody has to be together every minute. Why do morning people have so much trouble with a person(s) in the group that are not early people? I have read many threads like this but cannot even remember reading a thread that said "there's a morning person in our group and how do I get them to sleep in":rotfl2: Neither way is right or wrong.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that it's that person's vacation too. As one of the PP's said, I'd ask him to try it your way at least the 1st day. Several days in a row for a non-morning person can make for a bad vacation for everyone. I'd be prepared to make concessions and have them meet up with you for lunch or dinner.

I have to agree with what others have posted about letting everyone go at their own pace. I have learned over the years that the quickest way to conflict is when you try to make others conform to your schedule. You do your thing and let them do their thing and everyone gets along! And if it's the little ones who aren't the early birds, then you could start trying to get them on an early schedule now so they can get used to the vacation schedule you have planned for them.

If the people in the OP haven't woken up by now, 17 years later, they really will be late for rope drop!! ;)

What if you make a deal up front? My DH really loves to sleep in and then linger over coffee. Especially on vacation. Last year, we didn't do a single early morning...until we moved to another part of Orlando for him to work and I went back to MK for a solo day. The photo I sent him of ME on an EMPTY Main Street inspired him, though, that early mornings might be worth it. :earsgirl:

For our upcoming trip, we've made the agreement to do MK at rope drop together ONCE during our trip (5 nights).

So, what if during your planning time, you all agree on a park you REALLY want to do rope drop on and agree to not start the day together every single day?

And even if it's a small group, everyone needs some "alone" time.

Choose some events for everyone to do together and allow time for small groups or individual families to do what they want to do ... or go with the flow

Unfortunately, one of the group is not much of a morning person and I don't want him to be irritated all day, but in the same respect I'd like to be back at the WL for naps and pool time by noon. What has worked for you? Thanks in advance!

Been there, done that. In 2014 we had a group of 13 (myself, wife, 3 adult daughters and their families). Trust me, it is best that this is addressed up front - which I failed to do. Tactfully explain that there will be set times to meet at the bus stop each morning but anyone who prefers to leave a little later can catch up with the group at the park. It is definitely workable in this day of cell phones.

Eventually meet up at the park at a certain time, or for lunch. Let people know, if you are going for rope drop. If they want to come, they'll be there. If not, you'll see them later. Everyone has a different mission! It's all to have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!