Any tips?

Monty12

Earning My Ears
Hello I am new at this and I think that I just put my question in the wrong place. OOPS. Anyway, I'll ask it agin and hopefully someone will find it without thinking, gee this girl is a bimbo. My husband and I are travelling to America in April/May and are looking for any tips for doing Disneyworld on a budget..
PS To those of you who find a question from me in the poll section of these boards....SORRY

Where do you plan on staying?

I am going again this May and we are staying offsite for our 4th time. Although I would love to stay onsite, we simply cannot afford it. Last year and this year we have received incredible savings through Priceline.com for our hotel rooms.

I don't know if your familiar with Priceline or not, but it's a service where you can name your own price for a hotel room. The major drawbacks are the reservation is booked and charged to your credit card immediately, and it's non refundable/non changeable.

I hope this info helps! Even if you don't use Priceline, a good way to save some $ is staying offsite. Many hotels have free shuttles to the parks and continental or full breakfasts included in the rates.

You will probably get your lowest price for lodging at an off-site Hotel. I think if you can swing the additional cost I would try for a value or a moderate on-site. If this is a once in five year vacation it will be worth the magical feeling you have during your stay. Some people feel that it is a huge waste of money for Mickey Mouse soap. It depends on what you are looking for from this vacation. Good Luck with your decision. Planning is half the fun.

We are booked in at the All Star Sports resort, Accomodation at Disneyworld was the one place where we could stretch the budget a bit, because for us this is a once in a lifetime trip. We have an appointment with the travel agent today to start confirming flights ect. I am so excited :cool:

The ASSp is the cheapest resort on property and eating in the food court and fast food will save money. The refillable cup at your resort is a good ideaCheck into the Disney club card to get a discount on your resort. Well well so not to have to purchase things there such as shampoo, sunscreen, film. The two of you can do it on $75-$100 a day.

4/91-Off sight
8/91-BC
6/92-BC
4/93-POLY
8/93-YC
3/94-DXL
10/94-YC
6/95-ASSp&YC
12/96-ASSp&YC
6/97-ASSp&YC
8/98-BW-w/sister&kids
8/98-YCme&kids 2wk later
5/99-POLY(make a wish)
12/99-ASM(Mill.New Year)
8/00-ASSp
9/01-YC/SO EXCITED!!!!
WENDY

Any stay on site is worth it for the convenience and atmosphere. I have never stayed at the All Star resorts and understand the rooms are smaller, but a stay on site is always worth it! :)

Disneydiane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter