Any travel agents DVC'rs out there, a question for you

Jillpie

Can you package some Main St. music and send it to
We are DVC members, going to BCV next April. My husband works for a travel agency and has his IATAN card. I already have our reservation on points, but were short one night, so I paid the discounted member rate for one night. But then I had a thought...I wonder if when the travel agent rates become available (maybe in the Fall for April?), using the IATAN card, we could get a much better rate and I could cancel this one night and book it thru that card? Your thoughts would be great.

Tim Larison who runs the dvctalk Yahoo list is a travel agent and former DVC member, you might also go there and ask him about this issue.

Hey there, have your hubby register and he could check the rates. They haven't come out with 2008 rates yet but chances are good to get that one night. I have done it many times. I will send you a pm.

If you are able to do this, I assume the IATAN reservation would be made through CRO/WDWTC. If so, there are a few things you might want to consider before going ahead -

Do you have the DDP for this reservation? If so, that last cash night thru CRO would not be included.

Since the cash reservation was not made through MS, you may have to change rooms that last night. At a minimum, you would have to go to the front desk and chedk out and back in again between the points and cash portions of your reservation. (They do try to keep you in the same room, but it is not always possible).

Some room types are not available for cash (2 bedrooms with 2 Q beds in the second bedroom). Sounds like you may be in a studio, though, so I think you are OK.

Based on availability, the discounted rate for TAs is about 50%. It would need to be reserved as a separate reservation thru WDTC, but would certainly offer a better rate than the DVC discount.

Good luck! :)

If you are able to do this, I assume the IATAN reservation would be made through CRO/WDWTC. If so, there are a few things you might want to consider before going ahead -

Do you have the DDP for this reservation? If so, that last cash night thru CRO would not be included.

Since the cash reservation was not made through MS, you may have to change rooms that last night. At a minimum, you would have to go to the front desk and chedk out and back in again between the points and cash portions of your reservation. (They do try to keep you in the same room, but it is not always possible).

Some room types are not available for cash (2 bedrooms with 2 Q beds in the second bedroom). Sounds like you may be in a studio, though, so I think you are OK.

Isabel, thanks for that pm, I just responded.
Carol, I do not have the DDP. When I booked the last night on cash, she said she was going to link the 2 ressies, so we'll be in the same room. And then I have a third ressie, in a one bedroom.

Based on availability, the discounted rate for TAs is about 50%. It would need to be reserved as a separate reservation thru WDTC, but would certainly offer a better rate than the DVC discount.

Good luck! :)

ok thanks Doc, that sounds fantastic.

When I booked the last night on cash, she said she was going to link the 2 ressies, so we'll be in the same room.

Carol's point is that if you make a one-night reservation using a discount thru CRO it cannot be linked. This is different than a cash reservation made thru MS, which can be linked. That is why there is a risk you may need to move for that one night.

-- Suzanne

Carol's point is that if you make a one-night reservation using a discount thru CRO it cannot be linked. This is different than a cash reservation made thru MS, which can be linked. That is why there is a risk you may need to move for that one night.

-- Suzanne

oh ok, so if I book one night thru our IATA card, this is considered booking thru CRO, yes? Well, if thats the case, I'll mention it at checkin and hopefully they can keep us in the same room. thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter