Any updates on resort hopping?

EpcotNerd

Mouseketeer
The last post I saw about resort hopping was over a month old. I've read some blogs that some hotels are allowing guests without reservations (hotel or dining) to come in and others are being strict. Does anyone have any current experiences with this?

We'd be driving so I assume it's being able to park there that will be the issue? We'd love to check out the All-Stars, AKL, maybe WL or Fort Wilderness with the plan to really just walk around outside and check things out.

The are still being fairly strict without an ADR at the resorts. But you can always just ask the gate guard and see what happens. I don't know if Id say, "just to walk around". But perhaps let them know you want to eat at one of the QS locations. Have a backup plan. You're sure to be told no at least one of those properties!

Also All Stars are still closed with no known reopening date.
AKL most everything is closed as only DVC rooms are open.
WL is only DVC too, but most of their shops and restaurants are open.
Fort Wilderness does not allow cars in to drive around. You have to park WAY out front and walk or take the internal bus around.

A guaranteed way to access any resort is always via bus from DS or a park!

The are still being fairly strict without an ADR at the resorts. But you can always just ask the gate guard and see what happens. I don't know if Id say, "just to walk around". But perhaps let them know you want to eat at one of the QS locations. Have a backup plan. You're sure to be told no at least one of those properties!

Fort Wilderness does not allow cars in to drive around. You have to park WAY out front and walk or take the internal bus around.

Thanks, I clearly need to brush up on my resort knowledge, this is really really helpful.

What about annual pass holders or DVC members? Can they get in to resorts without an ADR or hotel reservation?
I am wondering about getting in based on a quick service order as well :)

What about annual pass holders or DVC members? Can they get in to resorts without an ADR or hotel reservation?
I am wondering about getting in based on a quick service order as well :)

No, no special treatment for AP or DVC non-resort or dining guests.

Reports are mixed about being let in with a mobile order, so YMMV there.

With the usual caveat about Disney sometimes being inconsistent in their practices, generally speaking Disney hasn’t been playing around when it comes to accessing the resorts via personal vehicle since reopening.

No, no special treatment for AP or DVC non-resort or dining guests.

Reports are mixed about being let in with a mobile order, so YMMV there.

With the usual caveat about Disney sometimes being inconsistent in their practices, generally speaking Disney hasn’t been playing around when it comes to accessing the resorts via personal vehicle since reopening.

I will try mobile ordering and report back here on what happened.

Ohh great! Which resort/restaurant? Did they give you a time limit to park? Details please! 😁😁

I purposely left out specifics because I didn’t want to get the guard in trouble. You always have to think twice when posting on the boards with something that could potentially endanger a castmember’s job. I suppose, if there was a restriction, they would have told me. Technically, you can try it at any resort. We sat inside the restaurant and ate. Hardly anyone was there. Afterwards we spent some time enjoying the resort.

I purposely left out specifics because I didn’t want to get the guard in trouble. You always have to think twice when posting on the boards with something that could potentially endanger a castmember’s job. I suppose, if there was a restriction, they would have told me. Technically, you can try it at any resort. We sat inside the restaurant and ate. Hardly anyone was there. Afterwards we spent some time enjoying the resort.
AHh good point, thanks for sharing that you were successful though! I'd love to try quick service at other places

AHh good point, thanks for sharing that you were successful though! I'd love to try quick service at other places

I basically drove up and said I had a mobile order. They just told me to go on in. Didn’t mention any restrictions on parking or anything like that. I did have my mobile order ready to show in case they asked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter